Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

good grief, whats with the souls!?
Posted 2004-09-14, 09:45 PM
i had almost half an hour wasted because every game i played in baal runs in hell was chock full of burning souls or black souls and holy fuck, whats with those things? you see almost your whole party go down to one of those things, what's their damage like 10000000000? unless you are immune or are one of those big on defence characters you get fucked, i think Blizzard needs to tone those things the fuck down, they are out of hand and its not just me, every game im in with different people you always see about 4 players at the same time get murdered a few times by those things every time they show up, they are way out of balance. im not saying water it down and make it too easy im saying, geeeeeeez, at least if you are going to make something kill everyone in one shot, dont make it be lighting that can hit me in mid teleport almost instantly make it a slow moving fireball or something so people have a fighting chance, AND they teleport, its like most stuff is easy and then there is this ONE monster that has EVERYTHING, one hit kills, the things they shoot are too fast to dodge AND it just teleports around!!!! i mean SERIOUSLY??? who thought that up?? some 10 year old kid of a programmer at Blizzard?
"here son, you make one" ok i want this one to kill everying, be too fast to kill and shoot stuff instantly and be perfect and invincible!!!! yay!"

geez Blizzard, knock that soul shit off and get lay off the methamphetamines!!!!
times of grace
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
robotbees is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenrobotbees is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

robotbees

Posted 2004-09-14, 09:49 PM in reply to robotbees's post "good grief, whats with the souls!?"
Solution. Resist all small charms. 4xLo'd sheild for stacked. T-gods and Highlord's Wrath are your friends too. Also, having two Wisp Projector rings along with that will basically suppress any lightning damage.

Last edited by HandOfHeaven; 2004-09-14 at 09:52 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-09-14, 09:51 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Solution. Resist all small charms...."
Tgods with 85% resist is sufficient.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-09-14, 10:16 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Tgods with 85% resist is sufficient."
Very. Orb sorc takes em out the best.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-09-14, 10:40 PM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "Very. Orb sorc takes em out the best."
Noone dies from souls in hc they arent that bad if you have 85light res or 75. My friend and i have done a lot of tests in hell mode wityh souls and found that with 85 light res souls take off 5-10 dmg off your life orb.

The monsters that i fear most are blood lords and when lister explodes and dolls.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2004-09-14, 11:14 PM in reply to Pekson's post starting "Noone dies from souls in hc they arent..."
yea the souls block ur teleport so it stops in the middle of them but with a hammerdin and maxed vigor i can dodge them Vary FUCKING easily but then again i have like 120 lite res in hell so...
`~Working in the Mortuary Affairs field isn't so bad. It pays for my 2009 Scion tC, so I can't complain.~`
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Joka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJoka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Joka69

Posted 2004-09-15, 06:25 PM in reply to Joka69's post starting "yea the souls block ur teleport so it..."
hammerdins own every fucking thing in the game tho....nuff said, if u have a good hammerdin slap on a tgods and souls are about as scary as a declawed kitten
Eh Ma, Ima Gunna B An Engish Magor

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
koolio_kid2001 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkoolio_kid2001 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

koolio_kid2001

Posted 2004-09-15, 10:41 PM in reply to robotbees's post "good grief, whats with the souls!?"
Without reading anyone else's posts in this thread....

Use togods and absorb those whores.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-09-16, 12:14 AM in reply to robotbees's post "good grief, whats with the souls!?"
robotbees said:
i had almost half an hour wasted because every game i played in baal runs in hell was chock full of burning souls or black souls and holy fuck, whats with those things? you see almost your whole party go down to one of those things, what's their damage like 10000000000? unless you are immune or are one of those big on defence characters you get fucked, i think Blizzard needs to tone those things the fuck down, they are out of hand and its not just me, every game im in with different people you always see about 4 players at the same time get murdered a few times by those things every time they show up, they are way out of balance. im not saying water it down and make it too easy im saying, geeeeeeez, at least if you are going to make something kill everyone in one shot, dont make it be lighting that can hit me in mid teleport almost instantly make it a slow moving fireball or something so people have a fighting chance, AND they teleport, its like most stuff is easy and then there is this ONE monster that has EVERYTHING, one hit kills, the things they shoot are too fast to dodge AND it just teleports around!!!! i mean SERIOUSLY??? who thought that up?? some 10 year old kid of a programmer at Blizzard?
"here son, you make one" ok i want this one to kill everying, be too fast to kill and shoot stuff instantly and be perfect and invincible!!!! yay!"

geez Blizzard, knock that soul shit off and get lay off the methamphetamines!!!!
Just throw rancid gas potions at them
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
TheFinalrei is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTheFinalrei is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

TheFinalrei

Posted 2004-09-16, 05:03 AM in reply to TheFinalrei's post starting "Just throw rancid gas potions at them"
well that mite be but what he is saying that people trying to tele or run to baal dont want ot kill everything and as they near a group of souls they get fucked
`~Working in the Mortuary Affairs field isn't so bad. It pays for my 2009 Scion tC, so I can't complain.~`
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Joka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJoka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Joka69

Posted 2004-09-19, 01:26 AM in reply to Joka69's post starting "well that mite be but what he is saying..."
im gonna try to get tgod's then cause its ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as the fact that you have to practically change all your gear just because ONE fucking monster in the game is so overpowered if you dont change your setup you get oneshotted faster than counterstrike game full of hacking middleschoolers.

could you imagine if every monster in the game were stacked up the way the souls are? you would need like 3 x the intentory size just to carry all the shit you would need to keep switching around just to deal with eachone!!!

quick question, how does immune effect your resistance, if at all?
times of grace
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
robotbees is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenrobotbees is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

robotbees

Posted 2004-09-19, 09:12 AM in reply to robotbees's post starting "im gonna try to get tgod's then cause..."
robotbees said:
im gonna try to get tgod's then cause its ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as the fact that you have to practically change all your gear just because ONE fucking monster in the game is so overpowered if you dont change your setup you get oneshotted faster than counterstrike game full of hacking middleschoolers.

could you imagine if every monster in the game were stacked up the way the souls are? you would need like 3 x the intentory size just to carry all the shit you would need to keep switching around just to deal with eachone!!!

quick question, how does immune effect your resistance, if at all?
Why dont you just learn to adapt? I play hardcore or did at least I was poor and I had very few good builds and those were never a problem, actully I have never heard a complaint about them.
Fuck that, look at the little bone dolls that sometimes infest the place, those are worse if you ask me, cant always see them and they corpse explode, that and what ever else they do.
Zelaron - [ Translate this page ]
Zelaron est une communauté en ligne pour des gamers, des programmeurs et des ar.
www.yotor.com/wiki/fr/ze/Zelaron.htm - 5k - Cached - Similar pages
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Arkantis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenArkantis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Arkantis

Posted 2004-09-19, 12:33 PM in reply to Arkantis's post starting "Why dont you just learn to adapt? I..."
Yeah but the stupid suicide monekys are visible. The souls fade in and out. They move fast as fuck and deal a lot of dmg Y_Y
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-09-19, 01:22 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Yeah but the stupid suicide monekys are..."
What are you talking about, the Undead Stygian Dolls or the Berserk Hell Spawn? Because both completely suck. One is a bomb, another has corpse explosion. Fuckers. I have lost 5 characters in Hardcore to the Stygian Dolls.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-09-19, 02:04 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "What are you talking about, the Undead..."
Errr... Stygian Dolls. Berserk Hell spawns are less of a problem for me, as I just run and let them kill some other schmuck.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign