Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

Question Big 1 Lotsa Pics. Zealot ?
Posted 2005-07-15, 10:27 PM
K. I was in this game w/ two zealots, and one was saying he would give anyone a ber if they could improve his build? and/or gear. I don't want his ber, but I thought someone in here could think of something. Soo.. heres His gear:

Obviously from this pic we can see he has, a dungos, some imp shanks, a hoz, and a ebotdz axe. Mmmkay. Next.

His Helm.

Armor.

Shield. I told him it could use more D, Mines practicly perfect ED right below a Eth. He says his jewel is better(mines Umd). W/e it's still to weak of a shield right?

Gloves.

Ammy

Thats it for those. I didnt get one of the zerker but you should know what those are. Also he says he has 28 3/20/30's. The rings. I think were a ravenfrost and something... His dungos was perfect. But those are hard to comeby.

Thats it. Need input.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-07-16, 06:45 AM in reply to Kaneda's post "Big 1 Lotsa Pics. Zealot ?"
ROFL..

His CoA sucks and teh jewels in it make me want to vomit.

His armor will increase his attack speed and damage slightly but rofl , 512 defence? D actually matters in Z v Z duels, as zealots with good exiles (that have high def / high defiance aura) I think reach def's of like 40,000. Levi or Evalor plz.

His Hoz is pathetic. It's low def. And since it's not an exile, he has no defiance. Other zealots and even concentrate barbs (who hit 40k def when concentratig) will eat him.

Rend are OK but it's always been my pref to use dracs, idk why. I guess i <3 open wounds.

Ammy give good life and saves points that you could put into vita with the +20 str mo, but I'd still use HL instead. 1 skill, and lik 35 chance of DS i think it is (been a while I forgot if its DS or CS)

His boots are laugable. 59 defence? Up'd gored can have 200+ def easily. AND they have better dmg mods.

My opinion ^.^
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-07-16, 10:43 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "ROFL.. His CoA sucks and teh jewels..."
This is a joke right?

This entire setup is...not good. I started writing this big long post but instead I think I'll summarize...especially after Sov made some comments...

Is this zealot vs zealot only? If not then he should just make a new character. If it is ZvZ then keep reading I guess....I'm assuming this is non ladder by the 3/20/20s so I wont say anything about ladder stuff. I don't know this guy's style..I assume by gear given he's kind of new so I won't go into more detailed/specific sub types of zealots and their gear either and stick with more cookie cutter stuff.

-Where is his DR? This guy must get raped in duels. You need 50%...or at least hit 45% and have godly AR and damage.

-What is his AR anyways? This guy must not hit high def zealots very often. Is he thinking if he does 40k zeal he'll win? Nope....

-Is he hitting 4fps? I should sure hope so with all those fervor jewels....but I mean...c'mon...does he need all that?

eDC with level 20 fanaticsm needs 20% IAS
eBotD with level 20 fanaticsm needs nothing else.

If you use eDC then keep an eye on the 20dex raven/highlords combo or make some 20% IAS crafted gloves....or I guess you could 40/15 your CoA twice but there is still no excuse for not hitting high DR...

Again he's on NL I take it (*omits Ladder options then*)

eth Bugged Valor....eth Templar.... Eth Glad Bane...hell eth shaft stop even if he cant find anything else...c'mon there's a ton of choices here...but 60/160 archon plate??? Ummm no.

Use some gore riders....

angelics or the raven/raven/highlords combo...depending if you need DS/IAS or just massive AR

Crafted IAS gloves, Rends, or Dracs...depending on style and what you need after whatever else you're using

Dungoes is fine...

eDC is perfectly fine...eBotD is fine too I suppose if thats what he's using

CoA should be higher but its fine...socket it with Bers, 40/15%s depending on which armor/gloves/weapon you use to hit 4fps and 50% DR...cham if you think someone will be using cold damage and arent using a raven (besides holy freeze).

Defense IS important but there are severe diminishing returns at extremely high levels of defense and blocking/life is certainly important... keep that in mind when deciding between an Exile compared to SS (to open options for not having to worry about DR if you use an armor without it), eth Alma (the damage dealer), eth HoZ (the more rounded shield)....assuming you have decent defense elsewhere. (socket with whatever you need if you use a non eth alma or hoz)

Exile is nice...its not a bad shield don't get me wrong if you like life tap and think it'll go off (and arent using Dracs) in addition to the innate shield mods but the fact you get very little block compared to other shields in addition to skills and such means you need to be pumping Dex more than life..sure you get AR but you can get AR elsewhere easilly and make your life higher at the same time. I have my opinion on this one based on numbers and the % of an opponent to hit you but I realize it can remain debated for a long time so Im not going to start a debate here...if he wants Exile thats fine I suppose.

Hope some of this helps.

Last edited by DamonGalos; 2005-07-16 at 10:48 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DamonGalos

Posted 2005-07-17, 10:03 AM in reply to DamonGalos's post starting "This is a joke right? This entire..."
Well, come to think of it, I think he did have angelics but hell he could have had a raven spiral, and bulkathos. Ya, thats all very informative. When I see him I'll lay the smack down. I was wondering about that Archon myself. He didn't seem to be knew but I'm not sure cause he was braggin about his life and dmg.
When I get home I'm posting my Zon build, let you guys go off on that one. Correct on the NL/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda