Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

A question that i need answered asap
Posted 2008-02-21, 04:39 AM
Ok, the question i have is this. How do i change the word "Skill" to let's say... Martial arts so that it only affects the one character, not all of them. So i wanted Sword Tech, Martial Arts, Dragoon, and Summon.. One for each character. How would i do it? (RmXP by the way)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coriander

Posted 2008-02-21, 03:26 PM in reply to Coriander's post "A question that i need answered asap"
You can do it in VX, but I don't know if you can do it in XP, and since XP is not as open as VX, I doubt that you can.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-02-21, 04:00 PM in reply to Coriander's post "A question that i need answered asap"
Code:
#Script by poccil on www.rmxp.org.
#Originally created for xthexendxhasxcomex on the same site.
#Please use with credit. 
#- Atnas. :3

class Window_Command
  attr_accessor :commands
end

class Scene_Battle
  alias :petero_skillcommand_Scene_Battle_phase3_setup_command_window phase3_setup_command_window
  def phase3_setup_command_window
    # Disable party command window
    @party_command_window.active = false
    @party_command_window.visible = false
    # Enable actor command window
    @actor_command_window.active = true
    @actor_command_window.visible = true
    # Set actor command window position
    @actor_command_window.x = @actor_index * 160
    # Set index to 0
    @actor_command_window.index = 0
    @actor_command_window.commands[1]=skillCommand(@active_battler)
    @actor_command_window.refresh
  end
  # Returns the text to replace the default "Skill" depending on class
  def skillCommand(battler)
    case battler.class_id
     when 1
      return "Fighter Skill"
     when 2
      return "Lancer Skill"
     when 3
      return "Warrior Skill"
     else
      return "Skill"
    end
  end
end
Where it has the strings at the end, replace them with your own names based on the class ID. For example, if Zen Fuyu is a martial artist, and Martial Artist is class #1 in the Database, you would replace 'return "Fighter Skill"' with return '"Martial Arts"'.

This may not work if your battle system changes the default skill command class in any way, tell me if it doesn't work and I will make it compliant.

-------

GLG, you can do anything in RMXP.

Last edited by Atnas; 2008-02-21 at 04:22 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-02-21, 06:19 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "#Script by poccil on www.rmxp.org...."
Oh! That is a nice little script there Atnas. I didn't know someone had created something like that.

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-02-21, 09:10 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Oh! That is a nice little script there..."
I wish I could have written that script. With a little time, probably an hour or so, I could have. XD

But you should always check if there is a script out there before you start coding, otherwise your work is for nothing but practice.

By the way, I've been learning more languages recently - Java, PHP, Actionscript, in addition to my already pretty fluent HTML and CSS skills. I find it more interesting now that I'm faced with the need to code in various langauges coupled with the realization that coding is awesome. XD

Just little drips of each, but I'm learning.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-02-21, 11:34 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I wish I could have written that..."
Atnas said:
By the way, I've been learning more languages recently - Java, PHP, Actionscript, in addition to my already pretty fluent HTML and CSS skills. I find it more interesting now that I'm faced with the need to code in various langauges coupled with the realization that coding is awesome. XD
Ah, I'm becoming increasingly fluent with HTML, CSS, JavaScript, & Ruby. I am also learning C++, ActionScript, & PHP.

It appears that we are learning around the same languages of scripting. I am so going into the field of programming; and possibly game programming.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-02-22, 03:42 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Ah, I'm becoming increasingly fluent..."
Eh ok..could just be me... but when ever i do use this script, i placed it right above main.. I can't cancel or acces my menu..

Last edited by Coriander; 2008-02-22 at 05:59 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coriander

Posted 2008-02-22, 08:38 AM in reply to Coriander's post starting "Eh ok..could just be me... but when..."
Are you using any special menu script?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2008-02-22, 11:14 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Are you using any special menu script?"
Nope i am using the default menu. I am using bars, side view battle system, caterpillar script is it.. no special menu.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Coriander

Posted 2008-02-22, 12:04 PM in reply to Coriander's post starting "Nope i am using the default menu. I am..."
He meant special battle menu script. Yes you are using one, so you can't have it.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-02-22, 01:07 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "He meant special battle menu script. ..."
I beg to differ, in the demo of the side view battle system i am using, he had a character with the skill name Sword Tech and only that person had it. But forget it, i'll just use a different name like Arts or somethin.. And infact..i just tested it..and it's not that that makes it where i can't access the menu..it's something else in my game..probably the script im using..i'll figure it out.. [ Edit ] I figured out what it was, it was this other script i was using. Chaos Rage/ Soul Rage script, it allowed items to have skills and such, but that was what the problem was. I can use this script in my game now, so thanks atnas for the code.

Last edited by Coriander; 2008-02-22 at 01:49 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Coriander