Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

WoW! Pun Intended
Posted 2010-06-10, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Account Name: *****

Account Action: 72 Hour Suspension
Reason for Action: Terms of Use Violation -- Exploitative Activity: Abuse of the Economy

This suspension happened because one or more characters on the account were identified exchanging, or contributing to the exchange of, in-game property (items or gold) for "real-world" currency. This exchange process negatively impacts the World of Warcraft game environment by detracting from the value of the in-game economy.

Even if this behavior is the result of a third party accessing the account instead of the registered user (for example, a friend, family member, or leveling service) then the account can still be held responsible for the penalty because of the impact it had on the game environment.

We've found the above behavior is many times directly related to groups responsible for compromising World of Warcraft accounts; we take these issues very seriously. To better understand our position against exploitative activity and the risks involved, please review this article: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/.../antigold.html

The exploitative activity that took place on this account violates the World of Warcraft Terms of Use. We ask you take a moment to review these terms at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/termsofuse.html. Note that additional Terms of Use violations may result in more severe actions against this account, up to and including permanent closure.

For any disputes of this action, please visit the Exploitative Activity FAQ and Contact page here: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/exploitfaq

Regards,
Blizzard Entertainment Support
Ok. So I woke up this morning and tried to log on around 5:30 to do a little AHing. Hmm, my account seems to have an Authentication Code put on it. So I do a google search and see it could mean hacker. Uh oh.
So I jump on Armory and check my main. Bam Lvl 80 Protadin stripped clean... Only my 80 rogue escaped with gear intact... 80 hunter also cleaned, and my bank/alts. Over 10k gold total. The little fuck even ran a dungeon on the hunter before he cleaned him.
Then I check my email 6 hours later and he's found out I changed my wow and email passwords, so he tried to reset them both and failed, then as I'm figuring this out, Blizz sends me the above email. Damn! Suckers quick. WoW blackmarket is hot.

Heres my question. If he paid to have the account Authenticator added to keep me out, can't they trace the credit card #?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hayduke