Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

..Pondering a Career..
Posted 2008-05-09, 11:22 AM
Recently I've been pondering my life, and what I want to do with it. As I am nearing college for the 3rd consecutive time I am wondering where I want to take my 'career'. There are a ton of things that I would love to do, lots of places I'd love to be, many things I feel I could be good at.

But one thing recently, actually today just hit me. Something I obviously have a great passion for, Politics.

Now, I know what you're thinking just because there is a lot to do to even become a politician, lots of schooling work, you need to have great influence, etc. I feel I would be an excellent Representative if I put my heart and mind into what I do, though, this would be a very unrealistic thing for me to accomplish and push forth with.

Anybody else ever feel they could pursuit a career in politics?

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-05-09, 12:57 PM in reply to D3V's post "..Pondering a Career.."
Ya, having a passion for something, and actually having the brain power to accomplish it are two waaay different things. Sorry no dice.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2008-05-09, 01:15 PM in reply to D3V's post "..Pondering a Career.."
D3V said:
Never have never will. I find it annoying to do something like that. I would rather an environmental scientist.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-05-09, 01:22 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Never have never will. I find it..."
I don't think I could be a politican, the first time I'd be somewhere important I'd fall asleep and have my politician rep ruined.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coffeedagger

Posted 2008-05-09, 01:23 PM in reply to Coffeedagger's post starting "I don't think I could be a politican,..."
Coffeedagger said:
I don't think I could be a politican, the first time I'd be somewhere important I'd fall asleep and have my politician rep ruined.
Only ex-presidents can do that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2008-05-09, 04:19 PM in reply to D3V's post "..Pondering a Career.."
D3V said:
Recently I've been pondering my life, and what I want to do with it. As I am nearing college for the 3rd consecutive time I am wondering where I want to take my 'career'. There are a ton of things that I would love to do, lots of places I'd love to be, many things I feel I could be good at.

But one thing recently, actually today just hit me. Something I obviously have a great passion for, Politics.

Now, I know what you're thinking just because there is a lot to do to even become a politician, lots of schooling work, you need to have great influence, etc. I feel I would be an excellent Representative if I put my heart and mind into what I do, though, this would be a very unrealistic thing for me to accomplish and push forth with.

Get into law. That's the best way into politics, and even if politics doesn't work out, you've still got a great carreer.

In all honesty, I think you could be pretty good at it. You'll have to work on your communication skills, such as gathering your thoughts in a very clear and concise (and understandable) way.

So what I say, D3v, is go for it. As much as I dislike you sometimes, I think you could be great at it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-05-09, 06:09 PM in reply to D3V's post "..Pondering a Career.."
While I am not personally interested in a political career, that would be a great way to go in my opinion.

Are you planning on studying political science, or something else?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-05-10, 10:16 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Get into law. That's the best way into..."
!King_Amazon! said:
Get into law. That's the best way into politics, and even if politics doesn't work out, you've still got a great carreer.

In all honesty, I think you could be pretty good at it. You'll have to work on your communication skills, such as gathering your thoughts in a very clear and concise (and understandable) way.

So what I say, D3v, is go for it. As much as I dislike you sometimes, I think you could be great at it.
Semi-agreed. Law is, by far, the best route to becoming a politician. However, there is a proliferation of law degrees so unless you goto Ivy League (whose graduates' salaries, on average, are increasing) then you're going to go into somewhat uncertain circumstances. That just means you better work your ass off in college.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-05-10, 01:17 PM in reply to D3V's post "..Pondering a Career.."
I actually have that planned in my lil' book of goals.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-05-11, 11:08 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I actually have that planned in my lil'..."
Thanks for the advice guys.

And yes, Law is probably the #1 way to get into politics, especially if you're a defense attorney, then you can use that to your advantage. It's just basically something i've been pondering lately, I asked my girlfriend about it a few nights back and she's very skeptical, actually she flat out told me if that's what I wanted to do she wouldn't want to be any part of it.

Screw her, I'm going to concentrate more now on the little things like my AA and then move on from there.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-05-11, 11:15 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Thanks for the advice guys. And yes,..."
Well, if it's your dream and what you really want to do, I wouldn't let her stop you. If she loves you she's supposed to be supportive, and it's not like you're telling her you want to be a sherpa in the Himalayas. You're wanting to be an attorney and hopefully work your way to being a politician, which is hard, but is definitely doable. She doesn't really have a right to try and deny you that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-05-11, 11:23 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Well, if it's your dream and what you..."
Well, of course she doesn't. Nobody obtains that right to tell me what to be or what not to be. This is just an interest of mine anyways, and hell being an attorney has never been a bad thing. I mean, she even mentions I wouldn't be a good attorney because I "suck at arguing" which is just tottally false.

Anyways, I guess this will just remain a dream for now.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-05-12, 07:09 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well, of course she doesn't. Nobody..."
Smack a bitch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos