Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Sweet Patch Dueling Weapon!
Posted 2003-06-04, 09:17 PM
I was looking at the weapons as they exist now, and wanted to see what I could possible make as a sweet dueling weapon with the upgrade cube recipe that is coming out with the patch. This is what I came up with. Shouldn't be too hard to get, but is gonna be costly to socket it, especially with the new realm wipe.

Get a perfect, ethereal Heart Carver Rondel, socket it with Zod, and bang, you got a sweet as shit dueling melee weapon, one I plan on making for my Pally, unless of course a new super unique is introduced.

Check it out. With the elite form of Poingard (whose name I can't remember) the base dmg is 37-53, and with the 50% damage increase for being ethereal, the base dmg goes to 55.5-79.5. Now, if you get a perfect Heart Carver, which is 240%, that brings the weapon to a whopping 189-270! Not only is that a sweet amount of dmg, the weapon is fast, already ITD (take the place of eth now, and Jah after patch), has 35% Deadly Strike, 150% AR Bonus, and adds 15-35 dmg.

That is my precious I am thinking about right now. What do you think? Is there anything better that you can think of, or is there a flaw with my reasoning? A Heart Carver can be ethereal, right?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-06-04, 09:57 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "Sweet Patch Dueling Weapon!"
At this moment (patch .09), Dagger class weapons cannot hit 4fpa Zealing. The best it could do is 5fpa, at the range of 1, which put you into a speed and range disadvantage.

But of course, everything can or maybe changed after the patch, so we will wait and see.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-04, 10:00 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "Sweet Patch Dueling Weapon!"
Ugh, didn't think of that one.... DOH!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-06-04, 10:34 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "Sweet Patch Dueling Weapon!"
Titus, you can do exactly what you say right now. I have one, i was using it on my pally for a while and its pretty shitty.. The heart carver that is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar

Posted 2003-06-04, 10:35 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "Sweet Patch Dueling Weapon!"
Heh, i could see your heart break right there, sry buddy =\

Great thinkin though,
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-06-04, 10:36 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "Sweet Patch Dueling Weapon!"
Valmar, you can't do it now, I mean use the Carver and use the new cube recipe being introduced in 1.10 to upgrade the Poingnard to the elite form of the weapon and get that damage!

Yeah, my heart did break, into a million pieces, even though I would have never gotten a Zod in the first place!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2003-06-04, 10:44 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "Sweet Patch Dueling Weapon!"
oh yeah thats right, lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-06-05, 02:31 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "Sweet Patch Dueling Weapon!"
OH, i thought you just ment the heart carver, my bad missunderstanding. But it still wouldnt be THE BEST dueling weapon but itd be one of the better ones.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar

Posted 2003-06-05, 11:56 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "Sweet Patch Dueling Weapon!"
Ethereal Coldsteel Eye Ataghan might be a good weapon to use. If they fix the bug with slow target...
250% ED
50% DS
20% IAS
6% Mana leech

The Atlantian and Headstriker (elite version) would be nice as well.

I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-05, 02:24 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "Sweet Patch Dueling Weapon!"
Yeah, the Atlantena would be very nice. I have an ethereal 234 right now and it does 214 dmg already.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2003-06-05, 02:37 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "Sweet Patch Dueling Weapon!"
Personally I am a big fan of Ethereal Headstriker. I once owned a Zodded Ethereal Headstriker, 100% DS is great to have for a zealot, and it looks really cool in the hand of a paladin.

If it's upgraded to an elite version...
138 - (198+1max/clvl)
138 - 297 (Clvl 99) = 217.5 avg = 435 avg (100+% DS)

+150% Enhanced Damage
+1 Max damage per clvl
+1.5% Chance of Deadly Strike per clvl
Prevents Monster Healing
+15 to Strength

Too bad, the range is one, but it would still make a cool weapon.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-05, 02:50 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "Sweet Patch Dueling Weapon!"
i agree eth headstriker ownz especially with a zod in it and im lookin forward to makin it a conquest sword in new patch ¿ù½

lifes a bitch and then we die, so i say lets all get high
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
thadeous-time is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenthadeous-time is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

thadeous-time

Posted 2003-06-05, 02:57 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "Sweet Patch Dueling Weapon!"
Good idea, and I'm not too worried about range with Pally melee duels, or should I be?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2003-06-05, 03:10 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "Sweet Patch Dueling Weapon!"
Well, you will be in the range disadvantage when fighting with Barb, Druid, Jabber, etc. (Only if the zon and druid use shift clicking instead of mouse locking.)

Vs, Barb...Bah, which melee doesn't have disadvantage anyway?

It is great for Zealot vs Zealot, if you're into that.

Charge is the skill which you should seriously take weapon range into consideration.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-05, 03:48 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "Sweet Patch Dueling Weapon!"
What about a War Pike with the Spire of Honor that would be really good for mercs. I think this new cubing was meant to make new use for weapons that don't have a elite version. Opening up new posiblities that were not explored cause they didn't have the most damage or weren't the fastest. This will make over using of one type of weapon or item not as common.

Last edited by badboy; 2003-06-05 at 08:17 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-06-05, 03:51 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "Sweet Patch Dueling Weapon!"
I'd love to use an ethereal elite Hone Sundan for a spear baba...

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia