Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Post Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta
Posted 2003-07-04, 10:33 PM
If you were as excited about the new version as I was then I'm sure you've been looking for 1.6beta. Well I googled it and found it at http://www.softrom.net/description_g...sp?SiteID=2541 for free ( most of the download sites require paid membership ). Post your opinions about what you think of 1.6b.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-07-04, 10:35 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post "Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta"
This is nothing new. I played this with steam like months ago. CS has lost it's style since it became retail. Beta was so much more.. amusing. Minus the hacks, anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2003-07-04, 10:40 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post "Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta"
GravitonSurge said:
This is nothing new. I played this with steam like months ago. CS has lost it's style since it became retail. Beta was so much more.. amusing. Minus the hacks, anyway.
Sure it's nothing new... but since there's no post on it, I figured "What the hell?"

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-07-04, 10:41 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post "Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta"
I'm installing Steam 2.0 atm, I'll give 1.6 another shot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2003-07-04, 10:44 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post "Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta"
It's actually a lot better than it was in the early build... still a few glitches with the shield but most of it is improved. Too much bitching about how the shield is cheap though... I don't see how people who use it are noobs if the people who are complaining are too stupid to find a way around it.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-07-05, 10:46 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post "Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta"
I like steam, nice features.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-07-07, 11:10 AM in reply to RoboticSilence's post "Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta"
Steam is great. It sure beats having to buy everything.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-07-07, 04:18 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post "Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta"
Steam is a good idea, but it fucked atm... updating is giving people errors, always problems.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-07-20, 08:26 AM in reply to RoboticSilence's post "Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta"
does anyone here have a favourite server we can get onto with a nice ping and no newbies?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2003-07-20, 08:32 AM in reply to RoboticSilence's post "Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta"
Omg I'm a noob!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-07-26, 06:07 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post "Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta"
Steam? You mean one of the programs that Valve made? I wouldnt know too much, and i would really like to know how 1.6 is gonna help out, now that theres about 128,490,340,912,834,823,094 hackers out there. Oh well, ill check it out.
You havnt seen pwnage untill youve seen me
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kamikaze Badger is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKamikaze Badger is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kamikaze Badger

Posted 2003-07-27, 07:34 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post "Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta"
Kamikaze Badger said:
Steam? You mean one of the programs that Valve made? I wouldnt know too much, and i would really like to know how 1.6 is gonna help out, now that theres about 128,490,340,912,834,823,094 hackers out there. Oh well, ill check it out.
Stay with update, not many good hacks for 1.6 and lot less cheaters now that VAC is cracking down. I know all about cheating. Only really public hacks are my own clan's [RaGe-X]Ultra(aka simple_aim), Nightmare, and Metacheat. Which metacheat is always getting detected(VAC is aiming at it more than others) then comes NM(since it is a client) then Ultra once and awhile but it isnt OGL which means it isnt that good. So cheaters are dying off quick.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-07-28, 01:57 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post "Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta"
Acer said:
Kamikaze Badger said:
Stay with update, not many good hacks for 1.6 and lot less cheaters now that VAC is cracking down. I know all about cheating. Only really public hacks are my own clan's [RaGe-X]Ultra(aka simple_aim), Nightmare, and Metacheat. Which metacheat is always getting detected(VAC is aiming at it more than others) then comes NM(since it is a client) then Ultra once and awhile but it isnt OGL which means it isnt that good. So cheaters are dying off quick.
Good, the less cheaters the better... That is unless your one of them
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2003-07-28, 02:21 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post "Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta"
Penguin said:
Acer said:
Kamikaze Badger said:
Depends, I played a lot and go into some cal-m++ clans, tho I never did matches in cal(not into them). Quite clans, then tried pubbing, lots of hackers. So, I decided to get into programming(making hacks). So yes now I am a hacker, but I will tell you this, it is fun as hell when you get to play with private hacks. Tho I do play legit a lot, once cheating dies of a lot, my cheating will die off too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-07-28, 10:33 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post "Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta"
Acer said:
Penguin said:
Acer said:
Kamikaze Badger said:
Depends, I played a lot and go into some cal-m++ clans, tho I never did matches in cal(not into them). Quite clans, then tried pubbing, lots of hackers. So, I decided to get into programming(making hacks). So yes now I am a hacker, but I will tell you this, it is fun as hell when you get to play with private hacks. Tho I do play legit a lot, once cheating dies of a lot, my cheating will die off too.

Why dont you make a server that says your cheating. So you dont fool any legit players? Wouldent it be more fun playing with 10 other cheaters so that you would have a challenge? And when you join legit server and someone asks you to stop hacking, even asks you nicely are you the one who either Lies about it or says "Fuck off faggot".

Everytime I identify a cheater in an otherwise legit server I just ask them to knock it off. If they dont I simply leave the server. I usually dont play on servers that have more then 12 people on them. Harder to identify cheaters.

I still dont fully understand why people cheat at cs. I think its because they are bored of cs and they would quit if they couldent cheat because its all they have left. Or maybe its because they are not good enough so they want to cheat so they could have people think they are cool. Or worst of all they cheat just to piss people off, doing it to annoy those legit players.

Would people cheat at cs if all cheaters no matter how advanced the hack or cheat was were auto banned from every legit server? And they HAD to play on servers that say "CHEAT" in the title, so they are with other cheaters? If you say no then your probably cheating because you Suck at cs, or because your doing it to annoy people.

Anyway, if those people who cheat alot decided to start playing legit, i bet it would piss them off when they get headshotted every round by the same person because he is hacking. It would probably drive them so mad that they would either quit cs or start cheating again? Well thats how some legit players feel -.-

Anyway, Yeah cheating is dying off as servers are getting smarter or whatever I guess. But there are still some hacks or cheats out there that arnt deteced or whatever.... o.0

gah gah gah I make too many long posts
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2003-07-29, 05:55 AM in reply to RoboticSilence's post "Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta"
I started cheating cuz so many people cheat.... I also forgot to tell you, I don't cheat and act legit. I openly cheat, you will know I cheat. I shoot threw walls and stuff. I firgure, if im going to cheat, dont try to hide it and act skilled. I do play legit sometimes, but always a cheater, so I just dont play anymore.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-08-22, 02:19 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post "Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta"
i think steam is a big improvment, i like the new guns and i like the sheild (if im ct). but i dont think that the police have guns that can hold back the big guns! though i may be wrong (dont watch the show "COPS" alot anymore so i wouldnt know" lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2003-09-14, 04:16 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post "Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta"
I want won back Sure steam has nice features, cached my stuff for me, looks neat?! But the time is takes to get into a game compared to hlsw... The new guns, sure they're all right, but they automaticly make me think Dod. I agree, retail killed counter-strike. Maybe I'm wrong, unpatient, nub?! Maybe I am so used to won I reject everything else? My steam is currently giving me errors. Wewt I'm having a good time. 1.6 is not a total pooch screw, but I have come to the conclusion steam is (Reason, did not prepare for the known race for steam id's and overflow of people trying to download it. Also they should have waited for all updates to be complete before releasing it. It is either down, or slow) I am grumpy, sorry just want to play! I will probably change my mind as steam becomes more stable and finishes up with it's maintainence. Till then won > steam. Steam = >8

734/\/\ \/47714n7 4 71f3. g00|) 7|_|ck |-|4\/3 f|_|/\/.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
I.am.cut is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenI.am.cut is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

I.am.cut

Posted 2003-09-14, 05:10 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post "Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta"
Retail CS didn't really kill CS, retail DOD killed DOD. Steam works .001% of the time. I want to kill someone at Valve. I'm pretty pissed at them until HL2 comes out and if by then they haven't fixed Steam well then something bad will happen.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-09-14, 05:32 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post "Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta"
I say we team up, find someone from valve (anyone) and inflict the most pain we can for the longest time possible. Retail was bought by 12 year olds at their local bargin bin. And they told all their little friends about "combat-strike" and how cool it was. I'm not saying the publictiy is bad, but the lamers and poor sports are making this game unfun.

Anyone else bought a fuckin p228 instead of a deagle!?

Bah 1 - 3 > 1 - 4 Cry*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
I.am.cut is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenI.am.cut is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

I.am.cut