Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Post help on cpu fan
Posted 2003-09-02, 01:09 AM
can a AMD Athlon XP ~ 2700 fan work on an AMD Athlon XP ~ 1900?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iusetobekool is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniusetobekool is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iusetobekool

Posted 2003-09-02, 07:24 AM in reply to iusetobekool's post "help on cpu fan"
Same socket right? Same shape processor? If it fits the dimensions, it will work.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-09-02, 03:30 PM in reply to iusetobekool's post "help on cpu fan"
yea same sockets same shape and stuff, but u know the required fan speed for xp1900?
"A pretty girl can kiss a guy, a bird can kiss a butterfly, the sun can kiss the grass, but you, my friend can kiss my ass!"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iusetobekool is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniusetobekool is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iusetobekool

Posted 2003-09-02, 08:32 PM in reply to iusetobekool's post "help on cpu fan"
There really isn't a required fan speed.
Either the fan blows enough air that it keeps the processor cool, or it doesn't. The only way to tell really is to put it on and watch it for a bit to see how it does.

The fan on my freaking Volcano6 for y P3 just died so I tie-wrapped a big 80mm case fan to the heatsink, sure it spins slower but it works just as well because of the amount of air it pushes. =)
A+ Certified PC Tech Guy/Seitentaisei
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sqrl is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSqrl is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Sqrl

Posted 2003-09-02, 08:56 PM in reply to iusetobekool's post "help on cpu fan"
Lol you don't have a comp fan.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2003-09-03, 12:45 AM in reply to iusetobekool's post "help on cpu fan"
well amd is very sensitive when it doesnt have enough coolin power to cool the cpu, the computer wont start. Im asking this cuz im trying to bid for a fan on ebay(its cheap =) ). Well thanks for the info bob and sprl.
"A pretty girl can kiss a guy, a bird can kiss a butterfly, the sun can kiss the grass, but you, my friend can kiss my ass!"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

iusetobekool

Posted 2003-09-03, 01:03 AM in reply to iusetobekool's post "help on cpu fan"
Ah, I see.

Well, if the fan is the same size and style and everything, it should work just fine. If it can cool the faster of the two processors it can cool the slower. =) (Unless of course the faster one has some special low voltage magic voodoo that keeps it from getting as hot, but even then the fans don't have big variances in terms of speed and air moved)
A+ Certified PC Tech Guy/Seitentaisei
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sqrl is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSqrl is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Sqrl

Posted 2003-09-03, 08:07 AM in reply to iusetobekool's post "help on cpu fan"
iusetobekool said:
well amd is very sensitive when it doesnt have enough coolin power to cool the cpu, the computer wont start.
If you're really having that happen to you, it's not the processor fan.

If your computer won't start it's likely the Mobo or Power Supply.

If your computer starts but won't complete the boot process, it's either because your processor fan doesn't work (and the Bios settings shuts the computer down), the Mobo thinks the processor fan isn't working, or it works, but very, very badly. And by very, I mean very, very.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-09-03, 07:14 PM in reply to iusetobekool's post "help on cpu fan"
Even the biggest fans are <$20 get the biggest.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2003-09-04, 10:34 PM in reply to iusetobekool's post "help on cpu fan"
ok
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

iusetobekool

Posted 2003-09-20, 10:28 PM in reply to iusetobekool's post "help on cpu fan"
Your computer runs at about 130 degrees farenheight. A couple of things that you need to consider is heatsink, this absorbs alot of the heat and makes it so that you wont burn up any of your essentials as easily. I am running Dual Fans + the Processor Fan. Basically if you want to keep your cpu cool you will need 1 big fan or 2 med fans.

And yes, a AMD 2700 will work on an AMD 1900 because they are basically the same fan, except the 2700 doesn't hog up as much juice and the 1900 is a bit smaller.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V