Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Which name do you like best?
Abyssion 5 17.86%
Deus Engine 6 21.43%
You can come up with something better! 13 46.43%
Sword Chucks 4 14.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2005-07-08, 01:52 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I'd end up pronouncing it 'dooce'...I'm..."
I used to think that was how it was pronounced, but I got corrected, and I like being correct so I say it properly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-07-08, 07:36 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I used to think that was how it was..."
I like the name "Loose Gravel" really.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2005-07-08, 09:23 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I used to think that was how it was..."
Grav and King have it. "Day-us." I used to pronounce it "dooce" as well, before I was enlightened to the correct pronunciation.

I sat down and started writing up another list of potential names yesterday, but so far, I'm not a huge fan of anything on there. Here's what I've got so far:

Bastard Machine
Lunacy Chain
Cancermass
Tyrant
Slaveworm
Nightmare Seed
Furybox
Scumbath
Darkmatter (already been shot down by the rest of the band)
Pyroclasm
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-07-08, 09:30 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Grav and King have it. "Day-us." I..."
Kleptic (random thing that shot into my head, felt like trying to help)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-07-08, 10:24 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Grav and King have it. "Day-us." I..."
I like Nightmare Seed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-07-09, 11:39 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Grav and King have it. "Day-us." I..."
Apparently Tyrant is already taken. I seem to remember someone asking Tyrannicide about his name, and he said he was in a band called Tyrant and wanted to produce a CD, but they found the name Tyrant had already been taken so they couldn't use it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-07-10, 09:12 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Grav and King have it. "Day-us." I..."
Raziel said:
Grav and King have it. "Day-us." I used to pronounce it "dooce" as well, before I was enlightened to the correct pronunciation.

I sat down and started writing up another list of potential names yesterday, but so far, I'm not a huge fan of anything on there. Here's what I've got so far:

Bastard Machine
Lunacy Chain
Cancermass
Tyrant
Slaveworm
Nightmare Seed
Furybox
Scumbath
Darkmatter (already been shot down by the rest of the band)
Pyroclasm
I don't like any of the names. For one thing, Bastard Machine just sounds like a worse version of Deus Machine. Also, I think more than three syllables is too much.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Nothing is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNothing is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Nothing

Posted 2005-07-10, 11:44 AM in reply to Nothing's post starting "I don't like any of the names. For one..."
-Nightmare patrol
-insanea mentis
-dooce machine (or douche)
-horror hoax (or haxxor, hax)
-pixie piss (or puss, pox)
-La cabre

Dude!!!

I'll think of more names next time I got nothing to do.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2005-07-10, 11:49 AM in reply to undeadzombieguy's post starting "-Nightmare patrol -insanea mentis..."
"Injured"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-07-10, 12:38 PM in reply to Grav's post starting ""Injured""
I was messing around at Dictionary.com. This is all I got.

Nebulous
Apocalypse
Delusion
phantasm
Delirium
Pandimonium
Animosity
Enmity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Nothing is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNothing is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Nothing

Posted 2005-07-10, 12:39 PM in reply to Nothing's post starting "I was messing around at Dictionary.com...."
Each of which will be taken somehow. You need to make up cool sounding words.

Like Vomorrea.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2005-07-10, 07:01 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Each of which will be taken somehow...."
What about " Road Work Next 15 Miles / Speed Limit 15 MPH " ?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2005-07-11, 01:31 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Each of which will be taken somehow...."
That's what black-metal bands do, and the names almost always sound like shit. "Borknagar", "Naglfar", "Abigar", "Vadaath", etc. They all sound so ridiculous.

Nothing said:
Nebulous
Apocalypse
Delusion
phantasm
Delirium
Pandimonium
Animosity
Enmity
I guarantee that every one of those is already used. Unless you start looking for more mundane words like "Foot" and "Car", using a single word usually doesn't pan out as a band name. Two or three words isn't over the top. Excessively long band names are real ones like "Day Of Deadwater Drowning", "From A Second-Story Window" or "Through The Eyes Of The Dead". "Bastard Machine" (which, by the way, does not share a word with the title "Deus Engine") is by no means too long a title. It's not a great name, but it's in no way too long.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-07-11, 03:06 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "That's what black-metal bands do, and..."
I'd think that a band name would actually convey some meaning, while being a simple label.

'Bastard Machine' strikes me as ludicrous.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2005-07-11, 03:29 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I'd think that a band name would..."
I feel like an idiot. For some reason, engine and machine registered in my head as the same word.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Nothing

Posted 2005-07-11, 04:10 PM in reply to Nothing's post starting "I feel like an idiot. For some reason,..."
Just try and remember it this way. Fiction = for real. Non-fiction = non-real.
It helps me
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-07-12, 10:12 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "That's what black-metal bands do, and..."
Go for some kind of English word that when translated into another language sounds good...

Even better, see if Voll will let you use "Vollstrecker"...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-07-12, 10:40 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Go for some kind of English word that..."
Haha, vollstrecker would be sweet.

I don't really think these names work. Sad thing is about music is the hardest part is always naming the band! haha... the music is the fun part.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2005-07-12, 12:21 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Haha, vollstrecker would be sweet. I..."
You can always call yourselves, "The band without a name."

"nothing" is my name, simply because I couldn't think of anything to write down.

Pyroclasm, Deus Engine, and Bastard Machine sound the best out of what you've got so far, but I think you can do better.

Last edited by Nothing; 2005-07-12 at 12:24 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Nothing

Posted 2005-07-12, 02:33 PM in reply to Nothing's post starting "You can always call yourselves, "The..."
You see the problem w/ all the names in this thread is non of them are catchy. In order to be catchy they should require either some intellect or humor.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda