Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Lighter charset
Posted 2005-08-08, 06:35 PM
...Hey. Me again. Sorry I keep askin' you guys for stuff, I just can't find the stuff I'm looking for. I need a lighter charset. I need it to be a fairly large size (because I'm using it as a graphic for my menu. Think Resident Evil). Thanks to anyone who responds.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2005-08-09, 05:44 AM in reply to Noob101's post "Lighter charset"
Don't worry about it. We like having activity in this forum.

So, you need a lighter charset. But lighter than what?

For the moment I can only recommend trying the usual: www.lrpgm.com and http://charas-project.net (Click "Complete Resources" on the left-hand menu).

Tell us exactly what you're looking for and we can link you to more specific sites and possibly directly to the desired item.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-09, 07:49 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Don't worry about it. We like having..."
Lenny said:
So, you need a lighter charset. But lighter than what?
I should've said a cigarette lighter. Think Resident Evil. :P

EDIT: Also, I'm working on my menu chipset, and I find that when I try to put in a graphic (like a gun for the weapon screen or the faceset for the status screen...) and when I copy the graphic to put in the menu set....it changes colors...the picture I copied the graphic from is 256 colors, and so is the menu....so I don't know what's wrong. I don't want to use pictures either, because when I do it slows down all my events (so they move slow....almost like lag). Can someone help with my menu or picture problems?

Last edited by Noob101; 2005-08-09 at 11:40 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2005-08-10, 05:16 AM in reply to Noob101's post starting "I should've said a cigarette lighter...."
Well, here's your Resident Evil Cigarette Lighter:

http://www.residentevilfan.ws/encycl...lighter_sm.jpg

I think that's what you need right? A picture for the menu.

As for the colours going haywire, we've all had this problem before......skim back through all the other posts and see what you can find, and there might be something in the FAQ. Gives you something to do until BC appears, and if you find the answer before then, well, you can carry on with your game.

Btw, what are you saving your pictures as? And which program, if any, do you use to edit them, if you do edit them?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-10, 06:08 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Well, here's your Resident Evil..."
Thanks a bunch for the picture, Lenny. Anyways.....I'm saving them as 256 colors.....and I'm using MS paint.

EDIT: I don't wanna sound pushy or anything like that, but do you know how to solve my picture problem? (it's driving me crazy.....literally taking one minute to go acrss a 20x15 screen. :P)

Last edited by Noob101; 2005-08-10 at 06:27 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Noob101

Posted 2005-08-10, 07:01 AM in reply to Noob101's post starting "Thanks a bunch for the picture, Lenny...."
I personally use a program called Idraw, which saves my pictures as PNG's, and they seem to work for me most of the time. Try it, it's a great program which I've done loads with.

Here's a .zip file containing all you need. See if it works.
Attached Files
File Type: zip idraw.zip (387.5 KB, 34 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-10, 07:08 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I personally use a program called..."
Well, I downloaded Idraw.....and.....I pasted in my menu chipset and tried to add my gun graphics.....but the same thing happened on there as it did on paint - the color went bad (plus the Idraw help isn't in english....).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Noob101

Posted 2005-08-10, 07:18 AM in reply to Noob101's post starting "Well, I downloaded Idraw.....and.....I..."
Try not to paste them in, it does that sometimes. I usually get round that by saving them on a program called IrfanView and then opening them in Idraw.

Try opening them instead of pasting. If that doesn't work, them save them in IrfanView and open in Idraw.

If you don't have IrfanView, save them in Paint.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-10, 07:24 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Try not to paste them in, it does that..."
Okay, I got the menu chipset set up in idraw okay....but how do I get my seperate graphics (guns and such) into idraw without pasting them? (If I open them, it gets out of me menu chip and goes to the picture of the gun.)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Noob101

Posted 2005-08-10, 07:25 AM in reply to Noob101's post starting "Okay, I got the menu chipset set up in..."
You should find that copying from idraw into Idraw keeps the colours as they are. So open up multiple windows, each with whatever graphic you need and paste them into the Idraw window with the graphic you want.

If all else fails, send them my way and I'll do it for ya.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-10, 07:30 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You should find that copying from idraw..."
When I copy from Idraw to Idraw the colors still get mesed up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Noob101

Posted 2005-08-10, 07:31 AM in reply to Noob101's post starting "When I copy from Idraw to Idraw the..."
Hmmm...that shouldn't happen.

Right, send 'em my way and I'll sort it out for ya.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-10, 07:33 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Hmmm...that shouldn't happen. Right,..."
You got an e-mail address? I can't put them with my post...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Noob101

Posted 2005-08-10, 07:35 AM in reply to Noob101's post starting "You got an e-mail address? I can't put..."
Yep, send them to lenny1882@yahoo.co.uk

I've got to go now, but I should be able to get them back to you tonight, if not then early tomorrow.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-08-10, 07:36 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Yep, send them to lenny1882@yahoo.co.uk..."
Take your time, no need to reply right away.

On a lighter note, 80th post! Woot.

EDIT: Alright, thanks again Lenny. Can anyone help me with my picture problem, though? I have two pictures showing in my CMS map, and the character moves really slow (literaly a minute to go acrss a 20x15 map). I don't really want to take out any pictures......Can anyone help me?

Last edited by Noob101; 2005-08-11 at 05:22 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Noob101