Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Posted 2005-07-30, 03:34 AM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "I still play. Kinda. Im a 50 priest..."
pr0xy said:
Preists are so horrible to solo level.
Go shadow form. And I have a 60 paladin, play him some, to do scholomance, stratholme, lbrs/ubrs, mc, but otherwise I am playing my rogue alt. Jesus, I didn't realize how much paladins suck tell I started this rogue, it's sad really.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2005-07-30, 03:43 AM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "I still play. Kinda. Im a 50 priest..."
A shadow priest is so easy to level solo
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-07-30, 06:43 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post "Burned Out"
Yeah im not burned out anymore.

I'm just finishing up my hunter epic quest. It's fun to quest for something useful again.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2005-08-01, 04:45 AM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "I still play. Kinda. Im a 50 priest..."
pr0xy said:
PSS: Preists are so horrible to solo level.
Levelling my 41 Priest earlier was annoying.

It's going to get a LOT worse come 50, too. I'll need to find me a levelling buddy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2005-08-01, 12:25 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Levelling my 41 Priest earlier was..."
Hit 51. Did AV. Time to 56: 2-3 days. Then 10 man instances with guild. Then 60. 8 hours and we won. I was healing a group of 40 players =x all other priests were in shadow form.

And as for going shadow form for soloing. thats one thing you DONT want to do.
Best soloing strat: Smite, Smite, Dot, Dot(if cooled down), mindblast, finish with wand.

If you go shadow form you cant use smite with has an awesome mana : damage ratio. And you can get 2 off before the mob gets to you.
And the reason priests suck at soloing. Is because mana goes down the shit hole (ESPECIALLY in shadow form) So the key is mana management. And shadow form doesn't cut it. Then you sit and drink. Horrible soloers. GG HTS.

EDIT: manaamage to mana : damage

EDIT EDIT: Badboy. Pallies are good if the player is. The player is more important than the class. The thing is. Pallies are support classes. They can cure about anything, take aggro, tank, heal, and even shield an ally. They are a total support class. Not ment for dps though some go that route and get wtfpwnt by me
There was something else I was going to say but I dont remember... (Unless you want me to link onyxia owning me again.

Last edited by pr0xy; 2005-08-01 at 12:31 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2005-08-01, 01:09 PM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "Hit 51. Did AV. Time to 56: 2-3 days...."
I didn't say use shadow form, just shadow spec. Shadows priests are good for soloing. I've got one myself.

Edit: 
well I had one, I got banned.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-08-01, 07:58 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I didn't say use shadow form, just..."
!King_Amazon! said:
I didn't say use shadow form, just shadow spec. Shadows priests are good for soloing. I've got one myself.

Edit: 
well I had one, I got banned.
I was explaining why they werent good for soloing in shadow form. Now even out of shadow form, they are one of the worst soloers. They do awesome damage if you enjoy burning your mana like hell. But, that then takes time to drink up. So your xp/hr goes down. Name a class that is worse at killing effectively and fast.

EDIT: Also KA, what level was your priest?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2005-08-01, 08:23 PM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "I was explaining why they werent good..."
I had him into the high 30s or so. I could grind without having to drink at all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-08-02, 05:20 AM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "Hit 51. Did AV. Time to 56: 2-3 days...."
pr0xy said:
Hit 51. Did AV. Time to 56: 2-3 days. Then 10 man instances with guild. Then 60. 8 hours and we won. I was healing a group of 40 players =x all other priests were in shadow form.

And as for going shadow form for soloing. thats one thing you DONT want to do.
Best soloing strat: Smite, Smite, Dot, Dot(if cooled down), mindblast, finish with wand.

If you go shadow form you cant use smite with has an awesome mana : damage ratio. And you can get 2 off before the mob gets to you.
And the reason priests suck at soloing. Is because mana goes down the shit hole (ESPECIALLY in shadow form) So the key is mana management. And shadow form doesn't cut it. Then you sit and drink. Horrible soloers. GG HTS.

EDIT: manaamage to mana : damage

EDIT EDIT: Badboy. Pallies are good if the player is. The player is more important than the class. The thing is. Pallies are support classes. They can cure about anything, take aggro, tank, heal, and even shield an ally. They are a total support class. Not ment for dps though some go that route and get wtfpwnt by me
There was something else I was going to say but I dont remember... (Unless you want me to link onyxia owning me again.
Obviously you know because you've played a paladin to 60?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2005-08-02, 10:18 AM in reply to badboy's post starting "Obviously you know because you've..."
Bot till 60 because everyone knows the game is 0% fun unless you are uber level 60 pwning them noobers.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2005-08-02, 11:38 AM in reply to Penguin's post starting "Bot till 60 because everyone knows the..."
Penguin said:
Bot till 60 because everyone knows the game is 0% fun unless you are uber level 60 pwning them noobers.
Levelling is fun.....but only the first time around. After that it just gets boring and repetitious.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2005-08-02, 05:09 PM in reply to badboy's post starting "Obviously you know because you've..."
badboy said:
Obviously you know because you've played a paladin to 60?
So you are telling me that they do not fill their intended purpose by blizzard as a support class? And instead try to get high dps for wtfpwnage? I have seen those pallies... And guess what. I have torn them to shreds. I have played a pally up to 40-ish.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

pr0xy

Posted 2005-08-08, 04:17 AM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post starting "Yeah im not burned out anymore. I'm..."
YAHHOOOO!!! Epic quest done a while ago and the bow is great
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2005-08-12, 03:43 AM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "So you are telling me that they do not..."
Wow! Up to 40ish! Too bad 40-60 nothing changes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

badboy

Posted 2005-08-13, 12:24 AM in reply to badboy's post starting "Wow! Up to 40ish! Too bad 40-60 nothing..."
badboy said:
Wow! Up to 40ish! Too bad 40-60 nothing changes.
Wait... What?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

pr0xy

Posted 2005-08-13, 01:26 AM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "Wait... What?"
Not much character gameplay change after lvl 40 I'm assuming?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign