Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Grin Character/Class help on RM2k3/XP
Posted 2006-06-02, 11:39 PM
I need a little help here. Is there a way to change a character's class to an advanced or better version of that class when they reach a certain level, like on the Fire Emblem series? For example, on Fire Emblem, an archer, when it reaches a certain level, turns into a sniper. Or a cleric turns to a bishop. Or a cavalier turns to a paladin. Is there any way I can do that on RM2k3/XP?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
llamallover2021 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenllamallover2021 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

llamallover2021

Posted 2006-06-03, 06:57 AM in reply to llamallover2021's post "Character/Class help on RM2k3/XP"
Aye.

What you need is all the different classes first of all, and a common event for each new class - for each character (we're talking about a lot of common events here. Say each character can have 4 classes, which changes as they level up. And you've got 6 characters... that's 24 common events. Talk to BC, he can probably cut it down to one for each character).

Basically, the common even (parallel process) is a conditional branch that checks to see if the character is a certain level (fig 1.). If the character IS that level, then it chages their class (4th page of events), and could show a little message.

fig1 shows the conditional branch.
fig2 shows the change class.
fig3 shows the complete code.

EDIT: As you can also see, in fig3, I cannot spell nifty.

Last edited by Lenny; 2015-04-15 at 08:16 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-03, 11:27 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Aye. What you need is all the..."
Um...is this for RMXP or 2k3?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
llamallover2021 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenllamallover2021 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

llamallover2021

Posted 2006-06-03, 11:31 AM in reply to llamallover2021's post starting "Um...is this for RMXP or 2k3?"
It should work in both.

I did that in RM2K3, but I'm pretty sure that the same thing can be done in RMXP, in exactly the same way. Try it. I'm sure it'll work.

-----

As a little side note. 5000th post!! Whoo!! Kinda fitting that my first was in this forum (Rm2K3) too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-03, 11:32 AM in reply to llamallover2021's post starting "Um...is this for RMXP or 2k3?"
It's for rm2k3.... I'd be glad to help, except right now I'm stuck on that demo for ya.
*mutters stupid switches*

ya beat me to it lenny, gratz on the 5k posts, I'm hoping to get up to 50 today
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-06-03, 11:36 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "It should work in both. I did that..."
Wheeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!! Let's have a party!!! Lenny: Nigty!!!

Last edited by llamallover2021; 2006-06-03 at 07:14 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

llamallover2021

Posted 2006-06-03, 11:38 AM in reply to llamallover2021's post starting "Wheeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!! Let's have a..."

-----

I'll try the Class thingy in RMXp as soon as my FTP client has finished uploading... well, Frontpage really. FileZilla doesn't like files larger than a couple of mb, and the FTP with the webspace control panel hates me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-03, 12:18 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting ":) ----- I'll try the Class..."
Yeah I know what ya mean. Mine has a grudge. I swear, one day it'll take a cyber axe to my neck 0.0
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-06-03, 08:08 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Aye. What you need is all the..."
Thanks Lenny! This will help me in making my game.
Goro goro!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

llamallover2021