Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

What should I include...
Posted 2006-08-27, 08:24 AM
In the flash tutorial for RMXP?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-08-27, 12:15 PM in reply to Atnas's post "What should I include..."
Scripts, definitely. And Ruby in general.

Call Script in the events menu.

Some of the people who download it and haven't the foggiest what they are doing will need something about the different layers, and how to use them so some things are in front, others are behind, and all that.

Switches, Variables, Preconditions.

You know, all the questions we keep on getting asked because people are too thick to read through past posts.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-08-27, 05:44 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Scripts, definitely. And Ruby in..."
Ok, I wasn't sure wether or not to include ruby. I'll put up some .txt documents(ruby scripts) and put a button linking to them in the flash. Then all they need to do is copy and paste... If they don't know how to copy and paste... Screw them, they're unteachable.

Part 1: An introduction to RMXP.

Part 2: Getting to know the basics (what an event is, yada yada yada)

Part 3: The structured event.

Part 4: Mapping. A begginer's guide to not sucking.

Part 5: Advanced Events.

Part 6: Introduction to Ruby/ how it is used in RMXP.

Part 7: FAQ (Yeah, there's about 50 of em.)

Okay... Tell me others. I'll be using this forum's dusty tomes to unlock some secrets.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-08-28, 01:22 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Ok, I wasn't sure wether or not to..."
You could easily put the .txt documents into dynamic boxes in the Flash.

In fact, if you do it ALL with text files (I can put together a quick tutorial thingy for you that has the code to put content from text files in dynamic text boxes and all that) it will be a lot easier to update.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-08-28, 03:53 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You could easily put the .txt documents..."
One thing, when you're done, BE SURE to sticky it. And I'm surprised you actually went through with this. Way to help the nooblets! But sadly, this will end the newly bugun tradition of NoobFest...
Goro goro!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
llamallover2021 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenllamallover2021 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

llamallover2021

Posted 2006-08-28, 07:01 PM in reply to llamallover2021's post starting "One thing, when you're done, BE SURE to..."
Noobfest? Does that... Include... Zet-sabers?

GO ZERO GO!!!

As for .txt files, sure, I'll have you do that. I'll write it up when I have a few hundred solid blocks of time on the computer. I'll have to add screenshots and animation's of what it's SUPPOSED to look like and what the events should look like... Just got an Idea! =D How about making invisible buttons over the tabs of the event page that switch the graphic and have it look like you're browsing through on RMXP? Woo... I'll have to get you to conjure the summon spirit tutorial for me though... Have enough TP? *throws Melange Gel*

Last edited by Atnas; 2006-08-28 at 07:05 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2006-08-29, 12:31 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Noobfest? Does that... Include......"
TP?

To summon a spirit, I think you change party members during battle if Summon skill is used. Then after a few turns (or dead spirit), just switch back to the normal party. It can all be done in the event menu in Battle Groups or something in the database.

Tell me when, and I can set up the "text from .txt files in dynamic text boxes" for you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-08-29, 02:32 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Noobfest? Does that... Include......"
Melange Gel? Tales of Phantasia?
Goro goro!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
llamallover2021 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenllamallover2021 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

llamallover2021

Posted 2006-08-29, 03:34 PM in reply to llamallover2021's post starting "Melange Gel? Tales of Phantasia?"
Yay! Phantasia! No, Lenny, TP stands for Technical Points, and is like MP. The Tales series uses TP, and gels of various fruits.

Apple gel - regain 30pct of max HP
Orange gel - regain 30pct of max TP

then theres mixes like Melange, regain 60 pct HP and TP. I meant the Summon spirit of tutorials, like the summon spirit of fire Bla bla Bla.... Woo... still on the first disc of Tales Of Symphonia.... there are 2 discs and I'm 70 hours into the game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2006-08-30, 10:35 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Yay! Phantasia! No, Lenny, TP stands..."
this is sorta off topic but those damned gels woud confuse me so bad and I woudl always use the wrong one and be all pissed but yeah good luck with it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
deadlysporks is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendeadlysporks is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

deadlysporks

Posted 2006-08-31, 02:42 PM in reply to deadlysporks's post starting "this is sorta off topic but those..."
Think of it like this. Okay... Maybe not.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas