Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Guh. Stupid Shooting Gallery.
Posted 2006-12-11, 05:04 PM
Made a simple (really simple) Shooting Gallery minigame (just to see if I could do it)...and I've encountered a problem. Here's my code:

Start Condition: Push Key
Movement Type: Random Movement
Frequency: 8
Movement Speed: x4 Slower

Code:
<>Battle Anim.
<>Flash Character
<>Variable (Target Down) +1

And then another page, erasing the target (just changing the graphic). There are four other Targets that have the same code, with the appearing condition based on the Target Down variable (Target two needs Target Down to be 1, Target three needs Target Down to be 2, etc.)...but when I hit the first Target, it just shows the battle anim...The Target doesn't disappear and the other one doesn't appear. Dunno what's wrong - it's such a simple code.

: (
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2006-12-11, 07:02 PM in reply to Noob101's post "Guh. Stupid Shooting Gallery."
It may actually be the Flash Character part that's messing you up, if you have it set to wait for the animation to end and it's taking 60000 milliseconds, it wouldn't move past that single line for a minute.

Also, doublecheck your preconditions, and make absolutely sure they're using the same variable numbers - adding 1 to [2000:TargetDown] won't help much if you're checking for [2001:TargetDown] in your preconditions.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2006-12-12, 07:00 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "It may actually be the Flash Character..."
Sorry it took so long to reply.

Everything looks fine. : (
Attached Images
File Type: jpg targetdown1_1.jpg (12.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg targetdown1_2.jpg (25.0 KB, 8 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2006-12-16, 03:02 PM in reply to Noob101's post starting "Sorry it took so long to reply. ..."
I forgot about this for some reason, too much work at... work.

Looks like your variable addition is off, make sure you're selecting the "Single Variable" or whatever it says for the FIRST option in the variable addition window. I can't tell from that picture, but it looks like you're adding 1 to variable #0000 (because that last one is a variable for a variable number, if that makes any sense to you. Basically, if TargetDown were 49 or something, it would add one to #0049)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2006-12-16, 03:31 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "I forgot about this for some reason,..."
Wow. That was easy enough to fix. Don't know why I did it wrong...

Anyways, thanks, BC. Always a pleasure.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Noob101