Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

need help with event
Posted 2007-01-10, 06:49 PM
i need help making a common event item in rog maker xp,
i made a beer item, and when you use it the screen shakes, you move slower and the screen tints dark, i also made it start a timer,and i want to make it so you go normail after the time expires. ive already tried a conditional branch. the whole common event looks like this:

<>tint screen(the integers go here)
<>shake screen(selected variables)
<>timer operation:start(variables)
<>conditional branch:Timer below 0min/2 seconds
<>tint screen to normal
<>stop timer operation
Crack pipes, needles,PCP and fast cars Kind of mix really well in a dead movie star If I feel like talking, I never be wrong If I feel like walking, you best come along ,I close my windows,Crank the heat up high Till my palms are wetAnd my tongue is dry, I'm looking for a motherThat will get me high, Just a stupid motherfucker If I die, I die

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DarkSpartan116 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDarkSpartan116 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DarkSpartan116

Posted 2007-01-11, 04:43 PM in reply to DarkSpartan116's post "need help with event"
I haven't got RMXP to hand, so I can't try it out, but does the event work?

I'd guess at no, seeing as you've made this thread, but still, what happens when it's started?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-12, 04:15 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I haven't got RMXP to hand, so I can't..."
as i said, the screen turns dark, and shakes to impair judgement, and a timer starts, but thats all, i cant get the rest
Crack pipes, needles,PCP and fast cars Kind of mix really well in a dead movie star If I feel like talking, I never be wrong If I feel like walking, you best come along ,I close my windows,Crank the heat up high Till my palms are wetAnd my tongue is dry, I'm looking for a motherThat will get me high, Just a stupid motherfucker If I die, I die

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DarkSpartan116 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDarkSpartan116 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DarkSpartan116

Posted 2007-01-13, 06:15 AM in reply to DarkSpartan116's post starting "as i said, the screen turns dark, and..."
I'll try and see what you're doing wrong.

By the way, Lenny, I bought RMXP, so now I'm back into this forum. Maybe I'll even try some scripting again. =D

Last edited by Atnas; 2007-01-13 at 06:18 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2007-01-13, 06:34 AM in reply to DarkSpartan116's post starting "as i said, the screen turns dark, and..."
DarkSpartan116 said:
as i said, the screen turns dark, and shakes to impair judgement, and a timer starts, but thats all, i cant get the rest
Does the timer continue and run out eventually? My best guess is that the event keeps starting over and over again and even when it does attempt to tint back to normal it gets overridden by the first beer-tint so it's back to the way it was

Make sure your switch is cleared properly somewhere near the start of the event. Take a screenshot of the whole event, if you can.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2007-01-13, 09:55 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I'll try and see what you're doing..."
Wow, nice one.

You can make a special Zelaron script for us all or something.

-----

DS, I'm trying your event in RMXP right now. Let's see if a little Lenny magic can help it to get going.

EDIT: Cracked it.

You need two common events - one to start the effects of the Beer, the other to stop it. You also use a conditional branch and a switch to trigger the second common event to start as a parallel process.

I've attached screenshots of the three different events (one map, two common) so you can see how it's done.

If you need more help just ask and I'll explain what I've done and how it works (the values, btw, all seem to match together, and the tint is a nice sickly green colour. If you want to play around then do so, by all means. You'll just need to keep on trying with the timer length and time the screen shakes for etc in the first common event). And if you need a demo I can set one up for you.

Last edited by Lenny; 2015-04-15 at 08:16 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-13, 02:04 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Wow, nice one. You can make a..."
i can try it out, it will probably work, i was trying to make it all one common event, so that i can put it all in one item, and it can be activated when the item is used.

Last edited by DarkSpartan116; 2007-01-13 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Something wrong
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DarkSpartan116

Posted 2007-01-13, 04:04 PM in reply to DarkSpartan116's post starting "i can try it out, it will probably..."
I tried that as well, but stumbled upon the same problem as you in that it wouldn't cancel itself.

If you want it to use an item as well, then put all of the first common event in a Conditional Branch checking for the item in possession, and then the second common event just taking one of that item away (you could, if you wanted, give the party an "Empty Beer Bottle" item, which they can then trade into a shop for 5g or something. Just for the fun of it. ).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-26, 11:21 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I tried that as well, but stumbled upon..."
Lenny said:
I tried that as well, but stumbled upon the same problem as you in that it wouldn't cancel itself.

If you want it to use an item as well, then put all of the first common event in a Conditional Branch checking for the item in possession, and then the second common event just taking one of that item away (you could, if you wanted, give the party an "Empty Beer Bottle" item, which they can then trade into a shop for 5g or something. Just for the fun of it. ).
Okay, i might need some kind of demo for that

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DarkSpartan116

Posted 2007-01-26, 04:04 PM in reply to DarkSpartan116's post starting "Okay, i might need some kind of demo..."
Try it.

You might be able to do it without a demo.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas