Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

View Poll Results: Which city
Madrid, Spain 2 28.57%
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 5 71.43%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

2016 Olympic Games
Posted 2009-10-02, 10:01 AM
If you haven't been following, just recently Chicago and Tokyo were eliminated from the choices of the 2016 Olympic games. Now the choice is between Madrid, Spain and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Any takers? I say Rio de Janeiro for sure, but who knows. It will be announced later today.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2009-10-02, 11:23 AM in reply to S2 AM's post "2016 Olympic Games"
Rio it is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2009-10-02, 11:43 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Rio it is."
Yep. No real story behind it. Good for them being able to host it. This should help them get put into an international spotlight more-so.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-10-02, 11:59 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yep. No real story behind it. Good for..."
It's Rio de Janeiro, announced about ten minutes ago
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2009-10-02, 10:48 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "It's Rio de Janeiro, announced about..."
It's weird to think it'll be there, especially if you've watched "Cidade de Deus".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2009-10-02, 11:44 PM in reply to S2 AM's post "2016 Olympic Games"
i really dont give even a single shit about this
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2009-10-03, 05:27 AM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "i really dont give even a single shit..."
Madrid, too many kidnappings in Rio.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-10-04, 07:36 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "i really dont give even a single shit..."
Mantralord said: [Goto]
i really dont give even a single shit about this
I know, right? Unless they decide to hold Olympics on my front lawn, I really don't give a damn.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-10-04, 10:20 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I know, right? Unless they decide to..."
They're just some sports games. Nothing special.

Now, if we modified the games with deadly traps and the sort, things would be vastly more interesting.

"WHICH PLAYER WILL SPRING THE LAND MINES TODAY? FIND OUT ON THE 2016 OLYMPICS IN RIO DE JANEIRO!"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2009-10-05, 07:03 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "They're just some sports games. ..."
I can only imagine the Olympics in a good 200 - 500 years.
Giant Robots and stuff.... 'd be cool.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-10-05, 10:57 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "They're just some sports games. ..."
KagomJack said: [Goto]

Now, if we modified the games with deadly traps and the sort, things would be vastly more interesting.

"WHICH PLAYER WILL SPRING THE LAND MINES TODAY? FIND OUT ON THE 2016 OLYMPICS IN RIO DE JANEIRO!"
I'm not sure about land mines, but speaking of deadly traps, with it being in Rio I'm sure they'll find a way to work hookers into the triathlon.

Any chance there won't be a single Olympic promo or package that uses Duran Duran's Rio?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mutant Couch shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeMutant Couch shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Mutant Couch

Posted 2009-10-06, 10:35 AM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "i really dont give even a single shit..."
Fortunately for the rest of the world, the olympic committee doesn't give a fuck what you think. The olympics will continue as they have for years, regardless of your apathy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

S2 AM

Posted 2009-10-06, 11:51 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "They're just some sports games. ..."
Quote:
Well there is lots of international exposure that comes along with the olympic games, including the following income. Cities are put to the test and they have to see if they can pull it off efficiently and by the committee's standards. I'm happy for Rio de Janeiro, but not so much for all of the negativity from republican commentators that love to see America failing with a black man at the head of office.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-10-06, 07:33 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well there is lots of international..."
D3V said: [Goto]
republican commentators that love to see America failing with a black man at the head of office.
Though, it is funny how the pattern works.
I love how he promised to stop the wars, and from what I've heard, they got worse.
But, staying on topic (for once), I never even knew the Olympics picked where they where held. I always thought they took place in Canada, or something.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai