Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Posted 2007-03-21, 09:03 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "So much for getting it on Friday. It's..."
Lol Wetwired moving is for wussies! jk If you plan on making any progress you'll want to move. But as Lenny has stated he wants a Warrior type which means he will have a high enough strength score to carry anything he wants...kinda like my guy who actually has buffs making his strength exceed 100 and allowing me to carry like 690 lbs of crap. BTW when you level up you will notice that the game says you can raise a stat by anywhere from 1 to 5 points. To make it so your strength and willpower get 5 points a level you would need to make it so that all 10 exp points came from str based and willpower based skills.

Yes I found their precious level up stat formula. MWAHAHAHA!
Normally you may raise a stat one point; however, for every two points of a str based skill you gain (after the first two that is. This means points 3 and 4) that the fourth point will make it so your str can gets a perk of plus one. This makes it a bonus of two points on that level up. This goes for any stat you raise. Which means if you raise your str based skill by ten points you would earn a level up that would let you gain five strength points. A cool thing to do is make sure you raise two minor skills by ten points after you get a level up this way all three of your stat up choices will go up by five.

And yes I found this formula out during TES 2 Redgaurd, and noticed it also being used in TES 3 Morrowind.
You can only up 3 stats during any level up so make sure you plan your level ups to achieve maximum stats as early sas possible! This will give you a HUGE edge on any enemies. I had all of my stats at 100 by level 22 or 23. So it is possible to be a really swanky character among your "Equally Leveled" opponents.

Oh yeah you can carry your str score times five in weight.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?

Last edited by hotdog; 2007-03-21 at 09:05 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2007-03-22, 11:13 AM in reply to hotdog's post starting "Lol Wetwired moving is for wussies! jk..."
I ought to be writing all this down!

Quick question - highest level your character can get up to?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-03-24, 04:13 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I ought to be writing all this down! :p..."
That depends on what your starting scores are for skills. I have had some characters who managed level 62 before skills were maxed and I have also had characters who can only reach like 34 or so.

BTW my game has also been delayed until April 16th or 17th.
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?

Last edited by hotdog; 2007-03-24 at 04:15 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2007-03-24, 04:47 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "That depends on what your starting..."
It's a bitch when things are delayed, especially when you've been waiting for them for so long.

At least you don't live in PAL territory.

Which game is it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-03-24, 07:58 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "It's a bitch when things are delayed,..."
I thought about buying Oblivion for my PS3 but a game with no multiplayer does not justify $60...specially when I can just download it for free on the PC
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2007-03-25, 12:14 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "It's a bitch when things are delayed,..."
UFO Extraterrestrials they said it was going to be done January this year but instead it's being released in April. The game will fill that X-COM gap that has been in my gaming experience for years now.
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

hotdog

Posted 2007-04-25, 01:06 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "UFO Extraterrestrials they said it was..."
Sorry to dig this up if it's expired (though I think I'm just within the time limit. Wooop!).

I've been reading through an IGN guide to starting with Oblivion (the games comes on Friday! ), and I've been playing around with the Create-a-Character tool. I just want to see what people think of this build:

Race, Sex: Male Dark Elf
Class Specialization: Magic
Birthsign: Mage

Attributes: Strength, Intelligence
Major Skills: Blunt, Athletics, Destruction, Mysticism, Alchemy, Security, Marksman

Initial Stats:

I'm thinking of a character who is good with magic (I'm a great one for casting fireballs ), yet can hold their own in Hand-to-hand combat.

I've gone with a Male, Dark Elf, with a Mage birthsign as Dark Elf's are good with combat and spells, have good speed, and that resist fire ability (I figured it might come in useful when I enter the gates of Oblivion).

I've chosen Intelligence for the high Magicka level, as well as Alchemy (I've always wanted to dabble in making potions!), and Strength because I can see myself running around a lot (Fatigue), exploring and picking a lot of things up (how much I can carry), and so, of course, I can hold my own in Hand-to-hand combat.

I like Axes, which is why I've chosen Blunt. Athletics because I'll be wanting to do a lot of exploring. Destruction for the fire balls and resistance to spells. Mysticism for the magic. Alchemy for the alchemy. Security because it's just generally useful. And Marksman because I'm very used to fighting from afar in other RPGs - as well as the fact that I'll be casting magic from afar, too, with an Axe to fall back on (not literally, obviously) should it come to close combat.

---

So, how does it look? Anyone got any suggestions to what I should take out and include instead?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-25, 01:16 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Sorry to dig this up if it's expired..."
If you want to do a lot of magic, it's Bretton or high elf for you, otherwise you'll never have the mana pool to do much of anything. You do not want acrobatics or athletics as major skills, as you'll level up faster than you can earn strength multiplier. Also, choose weapon skill or destruction, not both. If you use both a lot, you won't level up either very quickly. If you don't use it alot, you don't need it as a major skill. Take restoration; you'll be glad you did. Take an armor skill; you don't honestly think you won't get hit, do you?

If you still plan on doing axes and destruction, still don't choose destruction as a major skill. You can easily level up destruction with a Fire Damage 1pt on Self spell (you only gain skill exp if the effect was sucessful) without worrying about leveling up without a good strength multiplier, and you can just make a point of buying weapon skill training each level to keep the strength up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-04-25, 01:41 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "If you want to do a lot of magic, it's..."
Hmmm... rebuild:

Race, Sex: Male Breton
Class Specialization: Magic

Attributes: Endurance, Intelligence
Major Skills: Blunt, Heavy Armour, Restoration, Mysticism, Alchemy, Security, Marksman

I've scrapped the race, strength, destruction and athletics, and replaced them with Breton, Endurance, Heavy Armour and Restoration.

Which has changed the stats to:

Last edited by Lenny; 2007-04-25 at 01:45 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-29, 09:28 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "If you want to do a lot of magic, it's..."
Lol I can do most spells as a Redgaurd that is rigged for fighting. Of course the mana pool is important, but something you should consider is enchanting your own items, two in fact. A ring of regeneration and mp regeneration. Not hard to do if you get the Knights of the Nine exp. pack and use frostcrag spire but if you dont get the exp. pack its a bitch and a time eater to get to a high enough level in the mages guild.

Anyways at like level 15 or 16 you can get a couple rings that are always restoring 7 or 8 HP and MP. The real problem is getting a big soul. This is the part where being a goody two shoes sucks Lenny. Later you will learn how to make Black Soul Gems. Capture an innocent soul from a powerful person anywhere and you should get enough power to make these rings.

Mmmmmm with evil comes power...mmmmm.
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

hotdog

Posted 2007-04-30, 03:19 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "Lol I can do most spells as a Redgaurd..."
Well, it came today (finally!) and I've been playing it for about 6 hours.

The build I finally went for:

Race, Sex: Breton, Male
Class: Combat

Attributes: Strength, Willpower
Major Skills: Blunt, Blade, Destruction, Restoration, Security, Light Armour, Marksman

---

My character seems to be doing alright. I've only died twice, and that was because I ran into a room full of Guards after stealing a few items. When fighting, I throw in the fireballs from afar as the enemy runs at me, then I whip out the sword/axe (whichever I have equipped), and take them down. I use the bow if I'm shooting down at enemies from up high or vice versa.

I'm loving what I've played so far - still level 1, I've stolen around 200 items, hidden them all, been chased around the Imperial City a few times, found a few forts, done a few dungeon crawls, and murdered a few people who scowled at me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-30, 05:34 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Well, it came today (finally!) and I've..."
Why does it say I made this thread? I don't remember making this thread...
"Ban shampoo, demand real poo"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSlyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Slyvr

Posted 2007-04-30, 06:04 PM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "Why does it say I made this thread? I..."
You didn't make the thread, but you did make the first post of the thread.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-05-04, 05:43 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "You didn't make the thread, but you did..."
I took th eplunge and got this game for my PS3, it's been pretty fun, I loved doing the Arena part of it....so far im only lvl 8 and Im part of the thieves guild, dark brotherhood, Blades, and Im arena grand champion
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Hades-Knight

Posted 2007-05-05, 08:18 AM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "I took th eplunge and got this game for..."
An absolute bastard for eating up your time, though, ain't it?

I've been exploring, mostly. But I've still found the time to join, I think, all of the factions (Thieves Guild, Fighters, Mages, Dark Brotherhood, Blades (for obvious reasons), and part of the Arena thingy), and I'm on the Kot9 pilgrimage.

2000 items stolen, biggest bounty of 3040, and lvl 7. Far too much fun!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-05-06, 07:17 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "An absolute bastard for eating up your..."
yes...this game has kept me up til 5am like 3 days in a row.....can't put it down

DOES ANY1 KNOW HOW TO PERFORM THE "WAIT" FUNCTION ON THE PS3?

Last edited by Hades-Knight; 2007-05-07 at 12:26 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Hades-Knight

Posted 2007-05-07, 08:48 AM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "yes...this game has kept me up til 5am..."
Press "select".

---

Some bastard came up to me and turned me into a vampire when I was sleeping. The only Vampire I've been around is Vincente, I turned down his offer, went to sleep in the Bloated Float a few days later, woke up, and some bastard had bitten me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-05-07, 09:25 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Press "select". --- Some..."
Yeah, vampirism as an option is more of a nicety. Anytime you find yourself fighting vampires, you need to check for pyropheric hemophilia afterward. If you go 3(?) days without curing it then sleep, you become a vampire. Fortunately, it autosaves before you sleep, so this isn't much of an issue. You can always go back and cure yourself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-05-07, 09:33 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Yeah, vampirism as an option is more of..."
Haven't a clue where I might have contracted the disease, or why someone might bite me.

Problem is, when I woke up there was also a quest - some bandits had stolen the boat and I was on it.

One save led to another, and now I'm being careful to only go to sleep where there's a supply of food (usually in one of the Guilds), and trying not to use Wait.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-05-07, 09:54 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Haven't a clue where I might have..."
Well, if you don't want to be a vampire, you should seek a cure. There probably is one; there was in Morrowind. If you do want to be a vampire, you should stop feeding; everything gets more vampirish when you don't feed...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired