Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Posted 2008-06-15, 08:53 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "I don't see how installers are an..."
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2008-06-16, 09:49 AM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
Is anyone up for installing Adobe Flash CS3?
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-06-16, 09:56 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Is anyone up for installing Adobe Flash..."
I've got it installed already. GLG probably has, too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-06-16, 10:55 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I've got it installed already. GLG..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
I had Adobe Flash Pro CS3 installed long ago. (That is to say, yes I do have it installed.)

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2008-06-18 at 01:30 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-06-18, 01:34 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I had Adobe Flash Pro CS3 installed..."
I just bought Autocad 2009 ($5000). I'm broke now! A good 3D program like that is worth it though. The last one I had was Autocad 2006 Student Edition. Of course, that was my brothers 'cause he was a student in a class.

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2008-06-18 at 02:24 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-06-18, 09:37 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I just bought Autocad 2009 ($5000). ..."
You have just proved your a spoiled rich boy. Anywho, So, Are you guys already working on it? Or getting things set up to start working on it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coriander

Posted 2008-06-18, 10:02 PM in reply to Coriander's post starting "You have just proved your a spoiled..."
Coriander said: [Goto]
You have just proved your a spoiled rich boy.
Nope, you're wrong Coriander. I don't own most programs I get. I just love saying I bought things, when really I just did something illegal to get 'em. The broke part was a joke, but I guess I should have elaborated that I don't have a job and don't have much money at all. I really did get Realm Crafter on the other hand, but definitely don't have money for this program. To add on, my brother does own the 2006 student edition one, but there are no free upgrades. So I decided I would take another route for the upgrade.

Blah, :P

What system and scripting language are we using for the game? I've been learning Blitz BASIC and am getting pretty good at it.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-06-19, 03:37 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Nope, you're wrong Coriander. I don't..."
Ok i ask my friend to write story for this game here his idea. you can change it however you want it.

Starts off with you in combat with another man but is not able to do more than 12 damage. He hits you once, and you get knocked out for awhile. When you wake up you notice that you are in a house with a woman warming you up some food. No memories of who you are, so you start your mission to find out your past.

As you travel you will encounter wild creatures along with soldiers since a kingdom has taken control of the land. Every time you find a general which will mostly happen in towns that you help save, you will learn more and more about yourself. It turns out that you were a soldier that was loyal to the king, but you were getting too powerful so he had you killed. The only problem was that you were not killed, and that is where you go to get revenge. You will get soldiers to help you fight.

There is ultimate weapons but they can only be gained once in the game. Some you will get from quests at certain parts of the game, but they are only asked once. There are some in hidden chests but only found in towns. They are gained in the beginning of the game, but you are too weak to gain. Then there is no magic. The things you gain are skills for your weapon. Magic is too over used.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses-jones

Posted 2008-06-20, 02:23 PM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "Ok i ask my friend to write story for..."
Sounds good, but...What does it have to do with Zelaron? :0
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2008-06-21, 01:31 AM in reply to Noob101's post starting "Sounds good, but...What does it have to..."
I have no idea why, but for some reason, I had this vision of a Zelaron based Space Invaders game....

Also, what style are you doing everything in? Anime, Marvel/DC, realistic, or Picasso-ness?

Also, as far as characters go, since it is Zelaron based, and it would pretty much only be beneficial to Zelaron members, perhaps you can make it do some server accessing in the background and use the members avatar as their face skin. This would be, in theory, quite simple as each member would automatically have a character "customized" and linked to thier account to proudly display to people who Google'd, say for instance, "Bow chika wow wow" and found us. They could see "(Member)'s Level in 'ZELARON MMO' " or something, and hopefully be inclined enough to join and inquire.

As far as sourcing out the jobs, perhaps you could post a thread in the other sub-sections (such as literature for a story-writer) to maybe get those filled.
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2008-06-23, 01:07 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Is anyone up for installing Adobe Flash..."
Chruser said: [Goto]
Is anyone up for installing Adobe Flash CS3?
If you can get it to me for free, hell yeah.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-06-23, 10:05 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "I have no idea why, but for some..."
Goodlookinguy said: [Goto]
I had Adobe Flash Pro CS3 installed long ago. (That is to say, yes I do have it installed.)
Excellent! Does anyone care to set up a SmartFoxServer PRO test server? It can be downloaded from http://www.smartfoxserver.com/produc....php#downloads. I may be able to install it on the Zelaron server later on.

Coriander said: [Goto]
So, Are you guys already working on it? Or getting things set up to start working on it?
We're getting there.

Goodlookinguy said: [Goto]
What system and scripting language are we using for the game? I've been learning Blitz BASIC and am getting pretty good at it.
Care to explain what can be accomplished in Blitz BASIC for the Zelaron game? ActionScript looks ideal for our purposes considering no client has to be downloaded to play the game.

Draco2003 said: [Goto]
Also, what style are you doing everything in? Anime, Marvel/DC, realistic, or Picasso-ness?
Realistic sounds most challenging and interesting.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-06-23, 12:01 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Excellent! Does anyone care to set up a..."
So... no free Flash for me?

Damn.

Last edited by Wed-G; 2008-06-25 at 02:43 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-06-23, 02:11 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Excellent! Does anyone care to set up a..."
Excellent! Does anyone care to set up a SmartFoxServer PRO test server? It can be downloaded from http://www.smartfoxserver.com/produc....php#downloads. I may be able to install it on the Zelaron server later on.

Does it cost money? It seems like it does, and I'm not going to set one up right now. Maybe in a day.

Care to explain what can be accomplished in Blitz BASIC for the Zelaron game? ActionScript looks ideal for our purposes considering no client has to be downloaded to play the game.

I've yet to learn ActionScript. I am taking a class on it next year and have a book that is teaching me it. BlitzBASIC is the language I'm using to do my own personal MMORPG with. I'm using RC Pro, which will be out anytime now.

Wed-G said:
So... now free Flash for me?

Figure out how to obtain it "free."

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-07-02, 12:12 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Does it cost money? It seems like it..."
So, is anyone going to set up a SmartFoxServer Pro test server? It would be nice to be able to work against something.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2008-07-02, 01:08 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "So, is anyone going to set up a..."
I know it's a bit late, and I'm pretty new but...

Can I help in anyway? I don't have much experience with things, but anything I can, I will do...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2008-07-02, 01:12 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "So, is anyone going to set up a..."
So, is anyone going to set up a SmartFoxServer Pro test server? It would be nice to be able to work against something.

I have it on my local host. I can't exactly give you a test server seeings as how I currently have no job nor does my bother. :(

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-09-02, 02:48 PM in reply to Chruser's post "The Zelaron MMORPG (Discussion thread)"
Sooooo...

Any updates on this?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-09-02, 11:52 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Sooooo... Any updates on this?"
Sooooo...

Any updates on this?
I have to procure a functional connection before I can direct things properly. It'd be good to know what happened on the SFS Pro front.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2008-09-03, 12:37 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "I don't see how installers are an..."
Sounds like a deadly idea.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67