Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

The banning of GS.
Posted 2004-07-18, 07:26 AM
I think it's utter bullshit. It seems like the administration doesn't care that Sov banned GS out of pure dislike. You can't ban members that you dislike, that's completely rediculous. Yeah yeah yeah, "He was banned because of his flaming!" - that's crap.

If that was the case, half of the regular posters should be banned. Everyone flames outside of the flame forum; including me, Sov, and the rest of the staff. He was banned because he flamed a staff member - OH NOZZSS! IT"S TEH END OF TEH WORLDSzz>! Screw that - so I guess we, the members, have no free speech here? Looks that way to me. It's unfair to ban somebody this way. You know what really disgusts me? The staff is taking Sov's side. Grav makes a new acc. and goes to flame forum and replies to a thread whereupon Bob edits his post and removes it. I can't stand that.

You know what? Sov flamed D3V on more than one account outside of the flame forum. So, shouldn't he be banned as well? Wait, D3V isn't a staff member, sorry - what the hell was I thinking!?

I don't even like Grav all that much, but to ban him over a ludicrous way, that's unjust.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-07-18, 08:49 AM in reply to Thanatos's post "The banning of GS."
Thanatos said:
I think it's utter bullshit. It seems like the administration doesn't care that Sov banned GS out of pure dislike. You can't ban members that you dislike, that's completely rediculous. Yeah yeah yeah, "He was banned because of his flaming!" - that's crap.
Let me state this once and for all, and this is the LAST time I'm going to explain this. He created a thread in Starcraft for the sole purpose of insulting me. Then, he went ahead and decided to post another "Sov sucks" thread in the news posters forum. I gave him a temp ban after that. NOW, he then reregisters new names and contiues to post on the forum. Which is against the rules. Then I banned that name. And he made another one. Finally, chruser get's on and Ip bans him. True it did no good, but the fact is the OWNER of this website agreed to his banishment. THe fact that you say I banned him out of total dislike is a crock of shit. I hate him, yes, but I hate you too, and a lot of other people in this forum. Why have I not banned you yet? Ponder that one.

Thanatos said:
Screw that - so I guess we, the members, have no free speech here? Looks that way to me. It's unfair to ban somebody this way. You know what really disgusts me? The staff is taking Sov's side. Grav makes a new acc. and goes to flame forum and replies to a thread whereupon Bob edits his post and removes it. I can't stand that.
There is a reason people are banned. It's so their presence is no longer present on zelaron. What would be the point of a ban if we were to allow the person to come back and post as they wish under a new name, then do the same when that name was banned.

Thanatos said:
You know what? Sov flamed D3V on more than one account outside of the flame forum. So, shouldn't he be banned as well? Wait, D3V isn't a staff member, sorry - what the hell was I thinking!?
Har har! What do you know, I'm not a perfect sup mod after all! YOU try to keep a 100 percent netural, and courteous tone of voice towards people who are bashing you, or downright talking shit to other memebers when they shouldn't. If I was to call you a fucknut, douch drinking mommas boy (or something that was probably insulting), you would be on my ass, nailing me with everything you got. If it bother's you that much, go bitch and moan to chruser and have him destaff me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-07-18, 03:04 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Let me state this once and for all, and..."
The point is, YOU FLAMED D3V OUTSIDE OF THE FLAME FORUM ON MORE THAN ONE ACCOUNT. Granted, you didn't make a thread specified for that one reason, but it's still a flame. That's exactley what Grav did to you. Ban yourself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-07-18, 03:06 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "The point is, YOU FLAMED D3V OUTSIDE OF..."
Tried, and can't. It keeps on giving me "invalid user specified".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-07-18, 03:27 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Tried, and can't. It keeps on giving me..."
Then tell somebody else to do it for you because you broke the rules. Bye, bye.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2004-07-18, 03:28 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Then tell somebody else to do it for..."
Chruser's AIM is Zelaron
Titus is Domino155
Penguin is TheAssassin314

Talk to them. I'm not going out of my way to get myself fired.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-07-18, 03:43 PM in reply to Thanatos's post "The banning of GS."
Thanatos said:
If that was the case, half of the regular posters should be banned. Everyone flames outside of the flame forum; including me, Sov, and the rest of the staff.
Umm please find a post were I have Flamed somebody. Don't try to give me a post were I made a joke that came across the wrong way.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

‡AC‡

Posted 2004-07-18, 03:44 PM in reply to ‡AC‡'s post starting "Umm please find a post were I have..."
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2004-07-18, 11:06 PM in reply to Thanatos's post "The banning of GS."
I agree that this is BS, but Sovereign seems to have support from the other admins. Right now, I'm too busy dealing with other stuff to deal with this, but you can be sure that this issue will be revisited.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-07-18, 11:12 PM in reply to Thanatos's post "The banning of GS."
I made a WHOLE thread about Sov's 'antics' that prove he isn't a good representative of Zelaron.com

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-07-18, 11:16 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I agree that this is BS, but Sovereign..."
I don't think it's really BS. Everyone breaks rules, slightly granted, from time to time. I'm sure a lot of posts are semi-skeptical on borderline flaming from time to time, but that doesn't mean I make it a habit. Especially for distinguished members, these instances are normally over looked. In this case, fact is, Grav went over board and out of his way to flame Sovereign in multiple locations. Grav has never respected the rules, Zelaron's members, and especially the Staff. He looks out for number one, and nothing more or less.

Sov has a tendancy to overdo things from time to time, but he is such a vital and integral part of Moderation at Zelaron, that it really shouldn't be such a big deal, especially not as big as every one has made this out to be. Grav is simply insighting some sort of uprising from outside the boards, and everyone is falling for it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-07-19, 07:24 AM in reply to Thanatos's post "The banning of GS."
I said:
Grav posted flames in *3* different sections of the forum, that were NOT the Flame Forum, specifically for Sovereign to see. Obviously, that in is violation of the rules, and he was Temped for it, I believe. Grav then PROCEEDED to reregister SEVERAL times to do the exact same thing. His punishment was scaled up according to his offense. Grav is a LONG-TIME member, knew what he was doing was wrong, and likely knew what would be coming for it. Don't try to tell me otherwise.
The rules have never meant anything to Grav, so obviously giving him his 239847th 'Warning' wouldn't suffice...

So Sov Temp'd him.

Bah, I'm not repeating myself. I would've likely done something similar.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-07-19, 08:03 AM in reply to Thanatos's post "The banning of GS."
Just for personal defense, I edited the log from his post because the information contained was personal, and Sov wasn't comfortable with it on the forums. There is no rule against this, and I, for one, will remove anything of a personal nature that someone feels is invading their privacy.

Anyhow, to enlighten the flaming outside the flame forum situation. I've personally had several encounters with this, so I've looked into it. It is frowned upon (and against the rules to a certain degree) to flame outside the flame forum. I asked administration about certain circumstances, and this is my interpretation of what I was told.

If you reply to a topic or post, and your inclination is to be harsh, then so be it. Don't go overboard, but throwing an insult is not against any stone-set rule. I've done this so many times I can't count. There was a thread about this already, so I won't go into it.

The simple fact of the matter, the thing that makes Grav's situation different, is execution. In my situation, someone said something, (stupid, generally) and I replied with an insult. What Grav did was to start multiple threads outside the flame forum (because Sov can't see the flame forum) for the sole reason of insulting him.

I don't have any personal problems with Grav. He said some mean shit to me in a thread the day after he got banned, but it was because I was arguing Sov's point with him. I would have done the same thing if the roles were reversed. This is just the situation we're presented with.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-07-19, 08:08 AM in reply to Thanatos's post "The banning of GS."
From What I heard, Sov had the ban lifted a week ago. That was before Grav got banned?

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-07-21, 09:28 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "From What I heard, Sov had the ban..."
Sov can see the flame forum as he has posted in it on several occasions.

Maybe if Sov didn't lie about him not being able to see the Flame Forum, Grav could have posted in there and he wouldn't have been banned. GG.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2004-07-22, 10:42 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Sov can see the flame forum as he has..."
Well, I did take away his priviledges so he couldn't view the Flame Forum, so it wasn't a lie at first. Someone clearly gave them back to him, which is obviously an Admin, but I don't know when. Not like it mattered anyway. GG.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-07-22, 12:50 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Well, I did take away his priviledges..."
Actually, as somebody had stated up above, that's the whole reason Grav posted them in separate forums. If Sov had made it known that he could see the flame forum again(as he rightly should, because there are tons of people that wish to address him), Grav would still be here.

GG.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2004-07-22, 01:08 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Actually, as somebody had stated up..."
sov is a great mod i totally agree wouldnt it be fucking hard if someone was making fun of u its really hard to keep netrual with all the people that are saying shit about you

Last edited by tokill.ace; 2004-07-22 at 02:24 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-07-22, 01:58 PM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "sov is a great mod i totally agree..."
tokill.ace said:
sov is a great administator i totally agree wouldnt it be fucking hard if someone was making fun of u its really hard to keep netrual with all the people that are saying shit about you

Sup mod..... Sov is a sup mod.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2004-07-22, 03:55 PM in reply to Penguin's post starting "Sup mod..... Sov is a sup mod."
Yes, but he thinks and acts like an administrator. You might as well make him one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos