Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post no mf theory!
Posted 2003-11-30, 04:08 AM
i heard from some freaky ppl, that mf doesn't count anymore at pindl.
some said mf got worthless...

so 0mf would effect same chances 4 UNIQUES (only) as 500mf...

my pally got 120mf, hmm i wanna put on more, but if it's not worth, i would make 0mf out of it, 4 finding uniques...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
celaron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencelaron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

celaron

Posted 2003-11-30, 04:23 AM in reply to celaron's post "no mf theory!"
Magic find does not work on Super Unique bosses. Such as Shenk, Meph, Diablo, Baal, Pindle, eldritch. Basically the way you know if hes a Super Unique boss is if every game you enter hes in the SAME spot with the SAME name. He can however have different properties to him though.

If your going to magic find from pindle i suggest you remove your 120 magic find from your paladin and replace it with gear that either has lightning absorb for when hes LE, and or fire absorb because pindle has a nasty habbit of exploding and dealing massive damage in hell to those who are lacking in the resistances area.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar

Posted 2003-11-30, 06:52 AM in reply to celaron's post "no mf theory!"
~Krayzie-Bone~ said:
Magic find does not work on Super Unique bosses. Such as Shenk, Meph, Diablo, Baal, Pindle, eldritch. Basically the way you know if hes a Super Unique boss is if every game you enter hes in the SAME spot with the SAME name. He can however have different properties to him though.

If your going to magic find from pindle i suggest you remove your 120 magic find from your paladin and replace it with gear that either has lightning absorb for when hes LE, and or fire absorb because pindle has a nasty habbit of exploding and dealing massive damage in hell to those who are lacking in the resistances area.
mf doesn't count at all for super unique bosses anymore?? so a 1kmf sorc would suck more than a well built pvp or pvm sorc for meph or shenk?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sheerx

Posted 2003-11-30, 06:46 PM in reply to celaron's post "no mf theory!"
Do any of the Mods know any more about this pls? I have read all sorts about MFing , like MF dosent work for act boss's// dosent work for super uniques// that mf dose work and blizz where only thinking of changing mf rules but didnt in the final patch.

When I have over 250% mf i get uniques drop more offten and two or three at a time, with out any mf I am lucky to see a rare item, so by my deduction YES it works for all monsters.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
0nyx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between0nyx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

0nyx

Posted 2003-11-30, 08:09 PM in reply to celaron's post "no mf theory!"
well i think the no MF theory is total lies hehe i recently did a test on meph with my lvl 82 sorc and found that it does matter, it matters a whole lot ill post the data:

ok i did 20 runs with no MF 20 runs with 126MF and 20 runs with all my mf (348%),

well in 20 runs with no mf i got
2 uniques
26 rares
1 set

with 126% it was lots better
9 uniques
40 rares
11 sets

with 348% it wasnt Too much better than 126 but..
16 uniques
40 rares
10 sets

hmm well when i look at that data i see that MF does count on meph and im guessing pindle is the same way but i could be wrong i dont really wanna do a pindle test hehe, but i just thought you'd wanna see this..

Shards of Dayala Simya 65 Cleric Bartux 65 Magi

Last edited by akuno; 2003-12-01 at 07:19 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
akuno is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenakuno is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

akuno

Posted 2003-11-30, 08:17 PM in reply to celaron's post "no mf theory!"
You'd have to do more than 20 runs each to show a trend, I can flip a coin 100 times and get heads each time, does that tell you it is impossible to get tails?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-11-30, 08:21 PM in reply to celaron's post "no mf theory!"
ya but still i belive it works i just thought i would put it here and see what ppl thought but ive already proved it to my self it would be preaty unlikely it get results that diffrent and not have any connection to MF IMO but im done with the tests i just really wanted to prove to myself that it worked and ive done that, heh even if its not true ill belive it is.. :/

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
akuno is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenakuno is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

akuno

Posted 2003-11-30, 08:33 PM in reply to celaron's post "no mf theory!"
Interesting, I've been told MF doesnt matter anymore but by looking at that trend..It seems as though it does.

Im just confused now =(
Proud Clan W@R Member
htt://www.fallenarms.com
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Trail is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTrail is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Trail

Posted 2003-11-30, 08:33 PM in reply to celaron's post "no mf theory!"
Can't someone just look in the memory and find the calculation or something?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-11-30, 09:29 PM in reply to celaron's post "no mf theory!"
The memory ??
Proud Clan W@R Member
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Trail is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTrail is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Trail

Posted 2003-11-30, 10:18 PM in reply to celaron's post "no mf theory!"
Yeah, as in, open the .mpq files. It makes sense for them to disable MF, but maybe they think that making the bosses harder was enough. I'll pak on some MF and check it out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2003-11-30, 11:30 PM in reply to celaron's post "no mf theory!"
Oh
Proud Clan W@R Member
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Trail

Posted 2003-11-30, 11:34 PM in reply to celaron's post "no mf theory!"
K_A, hundreds of people (literally) have done the same test, with different mf %'s, and such though, and fewer/more trials per mf %, but the results are ALWAYS the same... more mf = more drops.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-12-01, 01:07 AM in reply to celaron's post "no mf theory!"
Yeah, I did a similar test to akuno, this was my findings:

0% MF (20 runs):

Uniques: 1
Sets: 3
Rares: 21

154% MF (Only got to 11 runs before quitting)

Uniques: 5
Sets: 6
Rares: 23

I quit at 11 cuz the results seemed obvious to me. I have yet to test this on pindle, however. Pindle will require a LOT of runs to tell. Would likely need to wait for a bot to tell for sure.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2003-12-01, 03:22 AM in reply to celaron's post "no mf theory!"
there is a bot out, u dont know here, thats a bit ridiculous, i really have to laught!!!!!!!!!!!!

dunno where u all play, guissing it's us servers....

on europe thre are soooo many fckin bots providing everyone with items, it's quite cheap here, everything!!!!

well i think sitting in a channel and wait for some ppl showing off with their bot... u could find out where to get it from!!!

I AM 100% SURE; THERE IS A BOT "out".

Noone wanna tell it, strange.... sry, i am against real cheats, i only usin bugs, i hate dupers'n oder hackers hehe.

well i hate what they'r doin

hmm i only can do elderitch and countness runs, so ill put off all mf! from my gris set pala hehe (shild is missin )

i'll test it, i did like 500runs until now, got 3 elite uniques! and only some crapies, and some sets....

i think, personally, that mf only counts for rare and magical, not 4 uniques! only my theory gg

pindl, i dno!!!! he's 2 hard to kill with my pala!
Sovereign said:
If you ask me, trying to figure out what the fuck people are saying in the D2 Forums is half the fun .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
celaron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencelaron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

celaron

Posted 2003-12-01, 03:50 AM in reply to celaron's post "no mf theory!"
Magic Find does work on bosses, including Act Bosses. Whether it would or wouldn't changed several times during the beta, but in the final version of v1.10 it does work.--- Taken from Diabloii.net

Looks as though blizzard has fooled us. I appologize for my wrongfull post. I was going by information supplied by another user on the forums. I guess ill stop listening to everyone else and do my own tests.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar

Posted 2003-12-01, 07:25 AM in reply to celaron's post "no mf theory!"
heh well thats good to hear for a sec i thought id have to throw out my MF gear and look for "better"...

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

akuno