Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Question 100% or 110%
Posted 2004-06-17, 11:17 PM
Well, it has came aware to me that many people use different 'sayings'.
If you were giving it your 'all' doing something, (sports, tests, whatever) Would you say you gave it 100% or 110% (120% etc.) ??

Explain to me Why, Because 110% doesn't make sense.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-06-18, 12:44 AM in reply to D3V's post "100% or 110%"
One hundred percent effort. I can't give more effort then all of it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-06-18, 01:15 AM in reply to D3V's post "100% or 110%"
More importantly, who cares
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2004-06-18, 03:19 AM in reply to Randuin's post starting "More importantly, who cares"
Randuin said:
More importantly, who cares
My thoughts exactly, but if i WERE to care, I'd have to say 90%, becuase i'll NEVER give my fullest, becuase that just makes me feel like shit when it sucks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

110%
Posted 2004-06-18, 05:38 AM in reply to D3V's post "100% or 110%"
D3V said:
Well, it has came aware to me that many people use different 'sayings'.
If you were giving it your 'all' doing something, (sports, tests, whatever) Would you say you gave it 100% or 110% (120% etc.) ??

Explain to me Why, Because 110% doesn't make sense.
Although I never say either, people never go around saying they gave it 90% of their effort, so when they try they say 100%, but that leaves no distinction for any more effort, so when they do something they the REALLY put their heart into, it could be considered 110%. Its just an expression, although u cant give 110%. There are a lot of phrases in our language that cant be taken literaly but still have value.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MenstrualChunks is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMenstrualChunks is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MenstrualChunks

Posted 2004-06-18, 12:04 PM in reply to MenstrualChunks's post "110%"
123.5543 %

because of the interest.

A friendly community and exciting role playing
experience awaits you at Quest Of Ages!
Click my sig to enter...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
frickaline is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenfrickaline is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

frickaline

Posted 2004-06-18, 01:26 PM in reply to D3V's post "100% or 110%"
I say 110%, it is just saying your going to give your all. It isn't meant to make sense
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2004-06-18, 01:47 PM in reply to D3V's post "100% or 110%"
110% of your usual effort, maybe?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-06-18, 02:11 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "110% of your usual effort, maybe?"
. How can you give 110% ? Wtf, your body's maximum potential can ONLY go to 100%. All of it, unless you have a bioanical penis, or something, you cannot give 110%. Its mathamatically impossible. Even even your highest standard was raised, people aren't math problems, they can't be raised higher than their maximum, it just doesn't work.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-06-18, 02:38 PM in reply to D3V's post starting ". How can you give 110% ? Wtf, your..."
It's an expression. Get over it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
symnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensymnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

symnzXx

Posted 2004-06-18, 02:47 PM in reply to D3V's post starting ". How can you give 110% ? Wtf, your..."
What part of 110% of usual do you not understand? Most people to not work at their limits under nominal conditions, probably more like 85% of possible. So if you give 110% of usual, you're giving 110% of 85%, or 1.10*.85=.935
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-06-18, 04:00 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "What part of 110% of usual do you not..."
I don't think that is what he is referring to anyway...

I say 110% so that people know I am trying to exceed my maximum output. It doesn't make logical sense, but you get the point. And if you don't, I pity you. True pity.

Pity.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-06-18, 06:05 PM in reply to D3V's post "100% or 110%"
Wow, wuts ur IQ?

Everyone else summed it up. It just a saying to make wut u did sound better.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-06-18, 09:16 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "Wow, wuts ur IQ? Everyone else..."
I know its an expression. But when people say it, it makes them look stupid. (Usually retarted ogar football players who didn't pass 6th grade)

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2004-06-18, 09:46 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I know its an expression. But when..."
It's a saying for fucking jackasses that need to be castrated faster than rabies ridden bulls with ass herpes.

Anyways, I'd say who the fuck cares, if you couldn't guess.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-06-18, 10:10 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I know its an expression. But when..."
D3V said:
it makes them look stupid
D3V said:
retarted
You wouldn't happen to be one of those ogar football players who didn't pass 6th grade, would you?
So this baby seal walks into a club.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2004-06-18, 10:15 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "Wow, wuts ur IQ? Everyone else..."
Tyrannicide said:
Wow, wuts ur IQ?

Everyone else summed it up. It just a saying to make wut u did sound better.
You should talk... you are one dumb fucker.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-06-18, 11:02 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "You should talk... you are one dumb..."
Also, 100 percent is your full. But what about when you are in, say, some sort of danger. Adrenaline gives you extra strength, hence you can give 110 percent or even more!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Machine God is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMachine God is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Machine God

Posted 2004-06-18, 11:09 PM in reply to Machine God's post starting "Also, 100 percent is your full. But..."
No, the 'adrenaline' would be in its own category.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2004-06-19, 12:15 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "No, the 'adrenaline' would be in its..."
Well aren't you just a regular fucking genious.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Penny_Bags