Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

XP-home help
Posted 2004-08-11, 08:49 PM
My new laptop has XP-home, I'am used to win98. I somehow disabled auto-run, and How teh fuck to I turn it back on?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

‡AC‡

Posted 2004-08-11, 08:51 PM in reply to ‡AC‡'s post "XP-home help"
I don't understand what you mean by auto-run.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-08-11, 08:52 PM in reply to ‡AC‡'s post "XP-home help"
Do you mean CDs?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2004-08-11, 08:53 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Do you mean CDs?"
That's the only thing I can think of.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-08-11, 09:07 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "That's the only thing I can think of."
Odd. Try right clicking on your drive in My Computer, and then going to Auto-Play, and make sure everything is straight there. That's all I can think of.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2004-08-11, 10:25 PM in reply to uncapped's post starting "Odd. Try right clicking on your drive..."
tried that, CDs, DVDs, Music disc, nothing is starting. I have to open my computer and go into the drive to start program cds up, or right click on dvds
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

‡AC‡

Posted 2004-08-12, 06:52 AM in reply to ‡AC‡'s post starting "tried that, CDs, DVDs, Music disc,..."
~Pulled from XP info center~

Quote:
SYMPTOMS
When you insert a CD-ROM in your CD-ROM drive, the AutoPlay feature or the AutoRun feature may not work or may be unavailable. However, your CD-ROM drive may work correctly in every other way.
CAUSE
This issue may occur if one or more of the following conditions are true:
A version of Roxio Easy CD Creator that is earlier than version 5.02d is installed in your computer.
The AutoPlay feature is turned off in the registry.
Your CD-ROM drive is using an outdated driver.
The CD-ROM driver is not compatible with Windows XP.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
If Easy CD Creator is not installed on your computer, go to step 3. If Easy CD Creator is installed in your computer, remove Easy CD Creator.
Test to determine whether the issue is resolved. If the issue is resolved, do not complete the remaining steps. If the issue is not resolved, go to step 3.
Make sure that the AutoPlay feature is turned on. To do this, follow these steps.

Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
Click Start, and then click Run.
Type regedit, and then click OK.
Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\CDRom

Do one of the following:
If the value for Autorun is 1, go to step 3-e.
If the value for Autorun is 0, right-click Autorun, and then click Modify. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
Locate and then click the following subkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\Explorer

Look at the value of the NoDriveTypeAutoRun entry. A value of 0xb5 turns off the AutoRun feature for CD-ROMs. To turn on the AutoRun feature, right-click NoDriveTypeAutoRun, click Modify, type 91 in the Value data box, select Hexadecimal, and then click OK.
Quit Registry Editor.
If AutoRun is turned on in the registry, make sure that your CD-ROM driver is current:
Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager.
In Device Manager, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, and then right-click the CD-ROM drive that you want to update. Click Update Driver to start the Hardware Update Wizard, and then follow the instructions that appear on the screen to install the latest driver for your CD-ROM drive.
Test to determine whether the issue is resolved. If the issue is resolved, do not complete the remaining step. If the issue is not resolved, go to step 6.
Check the Microsoft Hardware Compatibility List to determine whether your CD-ROM drive is compatible with Microsoft Windows XP. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...earch.asp&FR=1

If your CD-ROM drive is not compatible with Windows XP, replace the CD-ROM drive with a compatible model
You'll likely merely need to edit the registry key.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-08-13, 06:11 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "~Pulled from XP info center~ ..."
My NoDriveTypeAutoRun entry was ff 00 00 00 , So what do i change to 91?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

‡AC‡