Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

View Poll Results: Which is the better Gamemaking engine?
RPG Maker XP 0 0%
RPG Maker 2003 6 75.00%
RPG Maker 2000 1 12.50%
RPG Maker Toolkit 0 0%
The Games Factory 0 0%
Game Maker / 3D 0 0%
Other --> please state 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

In your opinion, which is the better engine???
Posted 2004-10-01, 02:05 PM
Try and give reasons, e.g:

RM2K3 is the much better program out of the ones I've tried. RMXP doesn't even come close to RM2K3, it's like a drugged up version of RM2K. I haven't tried all the Game- engines, and RPG Toolkit is like a 3-yearolds easel.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2004-10-01, 02:11 PM in reply to Lenny's post "In your opinion, which is the better..."
I've used all RPG Makers listed there, game maker / 3d is hard to learn and i've never heard of game studio.

IMO, out what I used, RM2K3 is the best in the sense of RPG games, game maker is best for other stuff. I voted RM2K3

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-10-02, 03:02 AM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "I've used all RPG Makers listed there,..."
For making real good original games I would have to say c++ because of the possibilities.(None of the above except RMXP can have their game altered by code instead of point and click.)

Note:I know you can Hex edit and the such with the others but that's not the same.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ograx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenograx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ograx

Posted 2004-10-02, 08:47 AM in reply to ograx's post starting "For making real good original games I..."
I dunno I just like it better than RPG Toolkit and Game Maker. BTW I'm talking about RM2K3
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
heb786 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenheb786 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

heb786

Posted 2004-10-02, 09:38 AM in reply to heb786's post starting "I dunno I just like it better than RPG..."
I picked 2k, cuz i didn't really care for 2k3.....where you haveta make your own battle charsets and such. so yeah. 2k.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2004-10-02, 12:23 PM in reply to Lenny's post "In your opinion, which is the better..."
For making RPGs, I'm going with RM2k3. For "other" games, I'd go with "The Games Factory"...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2004-10-02, 12:25 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "For making RPGs, I'm going with RM2k3. ..."
I agree Cube. Rpg Maker 2003 is teh best engine for RPG.
Game Factory (Clickteam) Is pretty neat too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
YellowCube is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenYellowCube is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

YellowCube

Posted 2004-10-03, 10:42 AM in reply to YellowCube's post starting "I agree Cube. Rpg Maker 2003 is teh..."
LOL. I put the option as Game Studio. Sorry Cube's. You two got it right. Oh well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2004-10-03, 02:01 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "LOL. I put the option as Game Studio...."
I can edit polls you know..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2004-10-05, 09:18 AM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "I can edit polls you know.."
Wow. I never knew you had that power as well.

----------

Hey thanks. I think I owe you one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny