Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Mario Melee
Posted 2005-01-09, 12:27 AM
Arena: Inferno Island
A giant burnt piece of rock way out to sea in a lake composed completely of flames. The only way to enter is by teleportation. There is no escape until your opponents are all killed...

Participants: 6
Rules: Try telling rules to the monsters that we'll be seeing...

The first 2 people to arrive are the heroes themselves, Mario and Luigi! Staring around at the small bit of Earth that existed inexplicably in a sea of mile-high flames. Mario and Luigi prepared themselves for whatever would come their way. Good luck boys!

Secondly to arrive, scurrying swiftly to his position, we have the devilish genius, a creature that'll take any measure to win, Master Hand! Good luck...whatever you are.

Thirdly, we have the alter-ego of Master Hand, an entity that exists to destroy rather than create, the somewhat insane, Crazy Hand!!

Our fourth participant is, another somewhat insane fellow, the only other human to participate in this tournament, a guy who should really get out more, Booster! He may not be that bright, but he'll smash you good!!

Second to last, we have the abomination, the shittiest thing I've ever read, Fawful's chosen vessel, Bowletta... Lame.

""RRRROOOOOOOOOAAARRRR!!" Our last participant, the single worst creation fo Master Hand, the infamous, the monolithic, the feared, GIGA BOWSER!!! Towering above all the others, making the whole island shake with each footstep, he methodically goes to his position. Good luck...as if he needed it.

We have all the participants. They're ready, as if we cared if they were. It's time for the biggest bloodbath, probably the only bloodbath, in Mario history. Here comes the pain!!!

Last edited by Kuja`s #1; 2005-01-09 at 12:33 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2005-01-09, 01:16 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Mario Melee"
I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but Master Hand and Crazy Hand are not Mario characters, and shouldn't be apart of a Mario Melee that is if you wanted to keep this strictly to dealing with just characters from a Mario game.

Crazy Hand and Master Hand actually belong to the Kirby series, in which they can be found in Kirby & the Amazing Mirror.

As for the fight goes, it should probably go to Mario and Luigi. The two work good together, and can defeat Booster or Fawful. As for Giga Bowser, well Mario and company has taken him on in various large sizes (larger than his normal form that is)as evident in Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Yoshi's Island, and Mario Party 5. Still Giga Bowser looks more fierce than just a grown Bowser, but the combined team of the Mario Bros. might be able to take out this form as well. As for Master Hand and Crazy Hand, well if Kirby can do it, then I have faith that Mario and Luigi could as well. So my verdict for now will be the Mario Bros.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
The Main Man is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenThe Main Man is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

The Main Man

Posted 2005-01-09, 01:50 AM in reply to The Main Man's post starting "I hope this doesn't come off the wrong..."
Very technically, Master Hand and Crazy Hand are Mario characters. They're not part of the series, but they appeared in Super Smash Brothers which binds them to the series, be it very loosely.

It's Bowletta fighting, not Fawful.

Let's replace the Hands with two other Mario characters.

Master Hand and Crazy Hand flicked each other off the ledge and into the raging flames. They are replaced by...

Stepping in, growling, his puppy-face as fake as Pamela Anderson's boobs, a monster with a...monsterous hunger, Belome!

Next comes a very intelligent figure, a lieutenant in the notorious Smithy Gang, the above average intelligent one, Yaridovich.

FIGHT GODDAMN YOU!!

Last edited by Kuja`s #1; 2005-01-09 at 02:04 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2005-01-09, 03:53 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "Very technically, Master Hand and Crazy..."
I really hate to say this and as much as this is going to make me sound like a smartass I must say that no Master Hand and Crazy Hand are not apart of the Mario series.

Question:
Did Hal Laboritories create the Super Smash Bros. and Super Smash Bros. Melee games?

Answer:
Yes they did.

Question: Who creates the Kirby games?

Answer:
Why Hal Laboritories does.

Assumption:
But Mario appears in Super Smash Bros. Melee and he is in there with Master Hand and Crazy Hand.

Answer to Assumption:
And so is characters from Star Fox, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda, F-Zero, Pokemon, Ice Climbers, Earthbound, Kirby, and Donkey Kong.

Question:
So does this mean that these other characters are also relative to Master Hand and Crazy Hand?

Answer:
If you assume that Mario is, then my suggestion is that the others must be as well.

Back to the subject at hand though I still think that Mario & Luigi should take this. They are going to be working as a team, while the others are clearly working against each other. Really anything could happen, but I just see the Mario Bros. being able to subdue their opponents with their cohessive teamwork.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
The Main Man is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenThe Main Man is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

The Main Man

Posted 2005-01-09, 09:26 AM in reply to The Main Man's post starting "I really hate to say this and as much..."
Still, they appeared with Mario. They are Mario villains.

You're not giving enough credit to the villains. I'm a proud sponsor of the domiance of villains in games. They might lose against the heroes on their own, but together, they can clearly provail.

With Belome possibly eating Mario or Luigi, Giga Bowser marching around and blasting them with Flame Breath, Bowletta doing much the same, not to mention Booster charging with Loco Express, Mario and Luigi aren't the favorites by any measure.

Please don't make another post 98% about Master and Crazy Hand. Fight damn you!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2005-01-09, 04:16 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "Still, they appeared with Mario. They..."
The Main Man said:
Back to the subjet at hand...
Nice pun man, classic.

As for the winner of this match, I don't think you should let the brothers walk away with the title together. It's a last man standing match, so even Mario and Luigi have to fight. To make it interesting if they don't fight, the ground starts to collapse. As for the winner of a free for all, it is one person versus 5, no matter how you look at it. This is probably one match where all would kill each other. The last person would be so beat up, he wouldn't survive standing and breathing at the same time. What a nice match.

One last thing, can you tell what game each mario character is from. I think I know Belome (SMRPG) but not sure about the rest. And Giga Bowser, I thought, was just a very hard, final event match boss person for SSBM. Oh well, can't know everything.

ULTIMATE TURN OF EVENTS
Peach convinces all to run off cliff for a chance to take her on one date.
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2005-01-10, 01:48 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting ":haha: :haha: Nice pun man, classic. ..."
Well the reason I stated that the heroes would win is because everyone is against each other except for them, or at least that is what I had originally thought. The way it was set up you have Mario and Luigi as a team as contestant number one. The contestant number two which was Master Hand is now being replaced by Belome. Contestant number three was Crazy Hand but has now been replaced by Yaridovich. Contestant number four is Booster, and contestant number five is Bowletta. And the final contestant was Giga Bowser, so with the way it was set up it was my emphasis that the Mario Bros. were on a team not against each other.

Belome will be attacking Booster, or Bowletta, or Luigi or whoever. The same goes for say Yaridovich. He will be attacking Giga Bowser, or Mario, or Belome. All of the villains are just by themselves, they have no one to back them up, but Mario and Luigi would if they were on the same team which is what it had seemed like to me.

If this is a free for all I have a feeling that Giga Bowser would probably take it. Yaridovich wouldn't be easy as he was a master of disguise and it did take Mario and two others to help him in order to defeat this evil machination of Smithy's. So if Mario and Luigi aren't on a team I would say that Giga Bowser would have the best chance of gaining a victory out of these seven participants.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

The Main Man

Posted 2005-01-10, 01:59 AM in reply to The Main Man's post starting "Well the reason I stated that the..."
Well, you can combine both ideas. Have them help each other defeat the villains, but then fight each other to prove who's better.

I personally go with Giga Bowser. He could just step on most of them. He's not fast though. Even slower than Bowser. So, he can use his might to shake the ground and keep doing so until the ground crumbles away. Of course, he could just stand there. He's not bright though, so he may simply charge one of the characters.

Yaridovich is intelligent, quite clever. He could use his smarts to find a way to hide until one person is left standing.

Belome could eat Booster. Booster clone. Belome could eat Yaridovich. Yaridovich clone. That might be a bad thing for all in the tournament except Belome.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2005-01-10, 04:29 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "Well, you can combine both ideas. Have..."
The only problem with Belome's clones though is that they are weak in comparison to the real thing, though they would give him an advantage, but it isn't an overkill advantage or anything. All of them have their strengths and weaknesses, but give me a moment so I can think about this some more. I just posted a great big post on the Ganondorf vs. Bowser thread so I am going to make this short and sweet for now, but I'll be back.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

The Main Man