Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Worst Characters
Posted 2005-08-13, 09:48 AM
In my opinion, a tie between Quina Quan and Tidus... The two stupidest and lamest characters as far as I know of. Perhaps there are worse ones? It makes me shudder slightly to fathom a worse character than Tidus and his belly-shirt and unceasing whining.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrant-Id is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTyrant-Id is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tyrant-Id

Posted 2005-09-03, 09:59 PM in reply to Tyrant-Id's post "Worst Characters"
Tidus sucks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2005-09-04, 06:20 PM in reply to Tyrant-Id's post "Worst Characters"
Although Tidus is pretty bad, hes beaten out by both Rikku, and Yuffie. Rikku's annoying high-pitched voice and over enthusiasm make her horrid to think about. Yuffie is also a horrid character, she is almost like a nympho, except she doesn't lust after sex, she lusts after materia. She also is retarded, and doesn't stop pulling her wannabe ninja crap.
El WootZorez! ! 4/\/\ p/20u|> 70 83 1337.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pH33r tH3 sP33r is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpH33r tH3 sP33r is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pH33r tH3 sP33r

Posted 2005-09-11, 10:29 PM in reply to pH33r tH3 sP33r's post starting "Although Tidus is pretty bad, hes..."
Well, as if my two-cents mattered here, Tidus did suck, but FFX was my all time favorite RPG.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2005-09-14, 03:56 PM in reply to Tyrant-Id's post "Worst Characters"
As much as I love FFIX, I seriously wanted to throttle Quina. Next? Gordon in FFII. Whiney little bastard...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2005-09-14, 05:18 PM in reply to pH33r tH3 sP33r's post starting "Although Tidus is pretty bad, hes..."
Rikku was too cute to hate.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2005-09-17, 08:07 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "As much as I love FFIX, I seriously..."
Jessifer said:
As much as I love FFIX, I seriously wanted to throttle Quina. Next? Gordon in FFII. Whiney little bastard...
you like ffix!?!?

what were you thinking that was by far the biggest goof ever presented by sqauresoft. the best one they ever pop'd out was ffvii materia was a very intresting thing
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
C3Fable is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenC3Fable is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

C3Fable

Posted 2005-09-17, 09:56 AM in reply to C3Fable's post starting "you like ffix!?!? what were you..."
o.O Yes. I did like FFIX. I found the plot to be interesting, and the FMV's kicked ass. Also, I very much wanted a Vivi plushie whilst I played it. He was adorable.

And while FFVII was ground-breaking on many levels, IMO the best FF was FFVI(III).

I weeped when my friend returned the second disk to FFIX practically destroyed after I had let her barrow it. It stops working during the last FMV. *sob*

Last edited by Jessifer; 2005-09-17 at 09:59 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2005-09-21, 10:08 PM in reply to Tyrant-Id's post "Worst Characters"
Worse character... hmm... I'm recalling everything from FF1, FF4, FF5, FF6, FF7, FF8, FF9, FFX, FFX-2, FFA, FFL, FFL2, FFL3, FF(Forgot what, but it was on Snes, with crystals), FF:CC, FFT, FFTA, spinoffs of FF being Chocobo Dungeon 1 and Chocobo Racing...
eh... the character I found whom sucked the most... I'm tempted to say Garland from FF1, first boss, but due to 8-bit threatre I can't really do that no more... so that turns me to another one: Hojo the bastard from FF7 or the overly excited and preppy rendition of Yuna and Yuffie in FFX-2. But I'd rather look at joyful girls then one dumbass mad scientist bastard. But that doesn't really make him suck, just hateful.

So, the votes go towards the over-prep versions of Yuna and Yuffie in the FFX-2 series. And if I have a choice outside playable or key characters, then I'll have to say that the character who sucks the most. Imps from FF4 or that sorry excuse for a thief in FF6, but he was amusing, so he sucks less (I'm not talking about Locke, the other one whom you fight).

I might say Quina, if I could remember whom Quina was, but I don't so I can't. I can always though, nominate the two fucking clowns from FF9... no wait, the fat queen. I remove everything I've said till now. The ugliest, stupidest piece of shit I've seen till now was that fat gelatinous ate-a-whale for breakfast sorry excuse for a queen that seems to gain entertainment the way an overly mentally handicapped person would...

I'll shut up, my opinion on who sucks more often changes since I keep re-arranging my point of view left and right.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Paradox_Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenParadox_Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Paradox_Knight

Posted 2005-09-22, 05:35 PM in reply to Paradox_Knight's post starting "Worse character... hmm... I'm recalling..."
You mean Rikku? Yuffie was in FFVII.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2005-09-23, 10:11 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "You mean Rikku? Yuffie was in FFVII."
yeah Yuffie blew....Anyone that you have to talk into being in your party blows to begin with.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
steveharris666 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensteveharris666 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

steveharris666

Posted 2005-09-23, 11:23 AM in reply to Tyrant-Id's post "Worst Characters"
Does it have to be a FF character?

If not, it has to be Goofy in KH1. Granted he's a great guy, but in battles he is the worst. He dies all the time no matter what you do and what you set him as. The same goes for Donald, except that he doesn't die as much.

Hopefully both will be much better in KH2 (release date of 22nd Dec for Japan, 22 Feb-ish for NA and Europe I think).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-09-24, 10:58 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Does it have to be a FF character? ..."
Really? I hated Donald more. He was the one that always died fastest in my games. I traded up as soon as possible whenever I got to a new world.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2005-09-25, 02:29 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Really? I hated Donald more. He was the..."
Mostly Goofy for me. My party usually consisted of me, Donald and the world person...unless I was in that bloody underwater one. Now there's a world that should be nuked.

From things I've read Atlantica is gonna be in the new game (KILL!!!!) and Donald and Goofy are much more reliable and don't die as often as they used to...maybe Goofy will actually attack as well instead of hiding under his shield...

Edit: 
Just found a list of voice actors thought to be doing the voices in KH2. There's some amazing names in there including:

Pirates of the Caribbean
Johnny Depp .... Jack Sparrow (unconfirmed)
Geoffrey Rush .... Barbossa (unconfirmed)
Orlando Bloom .... Will Turner (unconfirmed)
Keira Knightley .... Elizabeth Swann (unconfirmed)

If they can be confirmed then that is gonna be one hell of a world.

Full list can be found: http://www.kh2.co.uk/?kh2=Voices

Last edited by Lenny; 2005-09-25 at 02:57 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-09-25, 05:38 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Mostly Goofy for me. My party usually..."
i havent played kh or kh2, so i want to know is that a good game like ff? and does anyone have psp? im planning to buy psp, but im not too sure to buy that... im afraid to burn my money for nothing....

Salute,

Mangekyou User
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mangekyou User is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMangekyou User is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mangekyou User

Posted 2005-09-27, 08:08 PM in reply to Mangekyou User's post starting "i havent played kh or kh2, so i want to..."
KH is actually a bit more hack-and-slash, imo. You do a lot of button grinding. The only similarities it has with FF are characters. Id est...Leon, Yuffie, Aerith, Cloud, etc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2005-10-08, 12:52 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "KH is actually a bit more..."
Dear God.. Leon. That's just stupid. Leon is the name of a rookie cop turned badass with a machinegun. Not a fantasy mercenary group member turned pseudo-loverboy wielding a gunblade. Squall is his name and whoever came up with the bright idea of him prefering "Leon" is a retard.

FFVII wasn't spectacular. It's overrated, and has nothing any of the other games don't have and make much better. Sure, Materia > Junction, but Abilities > Materia. The fact that each person had only had certain special powers that they could use and not EVERYONE could use Black Magic, it made it far more interesting as you really needed to work at it more and perfect your team or you're dead.

Worst character.... I guess I could say Big Joe from Xenogears. What the hell is an Elvis-impersonator doing living thousands of years in the future?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dark Jedi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDark Jedi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dark Jedi

Posted 2005-10-08, 10:04 AM in reply to Dark Jedi's post starting "Dear God.. Leon. That's just stupid...."
Dark Jedi said:
Dear God.. Leon. That's just stupid. Leon is the name of a rookie cop turned badass with a machinegun. Not a fantasy mercenary group member turned pseudo-loverboy wielding a gunblade. Squall is his name and whoever came up with the bright idea of him prefering "Leon" is a retard.
Blame it on the doped-up interns. Me thinks they made the spaceship mini-game too. So...fucking...stupid.

dark jedi said:
FFVII wasn't spectacular. It's overrated, and has nothing any of the other games don't have and make much better. Sure, Materia > Junction, but Abilities > Materia. The fact that each person had only had certain special powers that they could use and not EVERYONE could use Black Magic, it made it far more interesting as you really needed to work at it more and perfect your team or you're dead.
Well, ya gotta remember that at the time FFVII was a groundbreaking game, being the first of the FF series to go into 3D, and with decent looking FMV's to boot. But yeah, compared to recent games it does suck a bit, and the constant swearing gets kinda annoying.

dark jedi said:
Worst character.... I guess I could say Big Joe from Xenogears. What the hell is an Elvis-impersonator doing living thousands of years in the future?
Didn't you know that Elvis is immortal, man!?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2005-10-08, 05:06 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Blame it on the doped-up interns. Me..."
He must be. He survived a nuclear holocaust in the game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dark Jedi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDark Jedi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dark Jedi