Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

404!
Posted 2005-09-04, 02:27 PM
Heh. I redownloaded RM2k (for a new project) and I test played my game and the text didn't show up at all. I have no clue why this isn't working. Can anyone help?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2005-09-04, 02:29 PM in reply to Noob101's post "404!"
Noob101 said:
Heh. I redownloaded RM2k (for a new project) and I test played my game and the text didn't show up at all. I have no clue why this isn't working. Can anyone help?
Are the fonts installed? They should be in your fonts folder. RMG2000.*** or RM2000.***
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2005-09-04, 02:31 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Are the fonts installed? They should be..."
Where would the fonts folder be? Under the ASCII folder?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Font Patch for RM2k
Posted 2005-09-04, 02:32 PM in reply to Noob101's post "404!"
If you need it, here's the font patch:

http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?2000000036747

I think this reinstalls the fonts completely, hopefully that'll work for you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2005-09-04, 02:40 PM in reply to BlueCube's post "Font Patch for RM2k"
That worked. Thanks a bunch, BC.

I'm wondering if anyone is interested in helping me work on something for my game. I'm adding a lot of Fable type elements into my game (for instance, you can buy titles) and I was gonna add a system where you can buy a house and have a wife and buy furniture for your house. If anyone is interested, e-mail me at stinkykid247@hotmail.com.

I should add, is buying a house, having a wife, and furnishing that house even possible in RM2k(3)?

Last edited by Noob101; 2005-09-04 at 05:59 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Noob101

Posted 2005-09-05, 09:31 AM in reply to Noob101's post starting "That worked. Thanks a bunch, BC. I'm..."
Yeah, a bit time-consuming assuming you want to PLACE the funiture and not just select "Buy TV" and have it appear in a certain location in the house. Wives are easy to make in RM2k3, just another randomly-walking NPC but possibly with a "love" variable like in Harvest Moon or something that determines conversation...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2005-09-05, 12:10 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Yeah, a bit time-consuming assuming you..."
It might be made easier if you have certain places where you can place objects, and a little inventory type thing containing all your objects:

> Character walks up to chest of drawers event.
> Enters the event.
> Menu pops up asking if you would like to place ITEM NAME HERE on the chest of drawers.
> Choose yes and the event graphics changes to the item you've placed.

A bit limited for the player for the moment, but that can always be changed if you plan on doing later versions of things.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-09-05, 12:27 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "It might be made easier if you have..."
If you want to make it really complicated, though, there's always the option of
  • setting up an event to 'place' the "chest of drawers" event wherever you happen to move a cursor,
  • grabbing the X/Y position of that cursor and throwing it into xxxx:ChestX and xxxx:ChestY,
  • turning the cursor invisible and tossing it somewhere out of the way,
  • putting the "chest of drawers" there,
  • turning on a switch which causes the chest of drawers to be visible,
  • and having it so every time you enter the room, the ChestOfDrawers event moves to (ChestX,ChestY) and is visible.

Or "buy drawers" and have it pop up in a defined location, whichever
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlueCube

Posted 2005-09-05, 12:51 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "If you want to make it really..."
With the define co-ordinate thingy, would it be possible to have each buyable item as a switch, and each event running a branch of things that look for switches to be on?

And then, when you want to place one of these buyable items you get a little...

Or maybe not...you'd need a different switch number for every possibility of an item on an event.

How about a little map of the house pops up with a cursor and you can choose on which grid square to place your item? Which goes of the set co-ordinate thingy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-09-05, 03:05 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "With the define co-ordinate thingy,..."
Yeah, each item would be a switch that says "The Couch exists!" and then looks at CouchX and CouchY to see where to put it, in my above scenario...

The little map idea would be a Picture that you could get Input Key events to capture up/down/left/right and move the cursor and place the thing there, but then you'd have
to make pictures for every item as well (to have them show up on your map) and translate cursorX/cursorY to ChairX/ChairY and all of that..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlueCube

Posted 2005-09-07, 09:13 AM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Yeah, each item would be a switch that..."
Alright, I think I'll just set it to a pre-determined place....That X and Y crap is too complicated for me. :P Thanks, guys.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Noob101