Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Laptop I just got
Posted 2005-12-20, 10:40 PM
Ah, haven't been back here forever, "Hi, everybody".
I just got a new laptop, just want to share. I got this for like 1200, any one think it's a good deal?

-Dell Inspiron 700m, Intel Pentium MProcessor 755(2GHz/400MHz FSB)12.1 in WXGA
-2GB,DDR, 333MHz, 2 Dimm, for Inspiron 700m
-100GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive forInspiron 700m
-Microsoft Windows XP Home Service Pack 2, English, for Inspiron
-8x CD/DVD Burner (DVD+RW,+/-R)for Inspiron 700m
-65 WHr 8-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
-Whole bunch software craps

Last edited by GravitonSurge; 2005-12-22 at 01:52 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2005-12-20, 11:07 PM in reply to Ganga's post "Laptop I just got"
heres my hot specs

AMD ANTLER 23243 GHZ CPU
DFI JAMBOREE SUPER MOBO /W ALL THE TRIMMINS
1342 GB MUNCHKIN RAM
45432 TB SEAGULL DRIVE
ATI RODEO 934839XTPE2K 2422 MB
OCZ POWERSCREAM 943 JIGAWATTS
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2005-12-20, 11:34 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "heres my hot specs AMD ANTLER 23243..."
Zelaron > Off-Topic > General Conversation
Laptop I just got

So anyway. Welcome back Ganga. What kind of graphics/video card does it have?

Last edited by GravitonSurge; 2005-12-22 at 01:52 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-12-21, 02:43 AM in reply to Ganga's post "Laptop I just got"
Welcome back!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-12-21, 02:58 PM in reply to Ganga's post "Laptop I just got"
That's a nice laptop that you have. Is it up to your expectations?
Only thing I want would be a faster processor.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-12-21, 10:13 PM in reply to Ganga's post "Laptop I just got"
I was thinking the other day were you went... WB and nice laptop
XBL: GreatThanatos69
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2005-12-21, 11:21 PM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "I was thinking the other day were you..."
What kind of video processor?

I just got a

Dell D600
Pentium M Processor 1.6ghz
512mb Ram
40GB HDD
Ati Radeon mobility 9000
No DVD player tho

I got it for really really cheap, should be good for schoolwork and maybe some crappy games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2005-12-22, 06:03 AM in reply to Ganga's post "Laptop I just got"
What is a laptop?

Last edited by GravitonSurge; 2005-12-22 at 01:53 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2005-12-22, 06:15 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "What is a laptop?"
A word that inexperienced college freshmen (most often girls) call their new laptops.

College Freshman: I just got my new labtop, it's awesome!
Experienced Geek: Laptop.
College Freshman: Yeah, that's what I said! Labtop!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=labtop

Same difference.

Edited by Lenny 
Foool! The Labtop is needed in this post to explain the word "labtop"!! How darest thou! End edit.

Last edited by Lenny; 2005-12-23 at 09:30 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-12-22, 06:23 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "A word that inexperienced college..."
Lol, I always type laptop as laptop, dam, I never ever gets it right. Oh, and I wish I am still a freshman.

700M is a untra light weight laptop that just come with some crappy intergrated graphic card. The card can support 2D ok, but not sure I can play any fancy game on it. It is for school work and travel.

It just shipped, so I am still waiting for it to come. Crossing my finger hoping there isn't any dead pixes or any problem with it.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2005-12-22, 06:43 AM in reply to Ganga's post "Laptop I just got"
Ganga said:
-Dell Inspiron 700m, Intel Pentium MProcessor 755(2GHz/400MHz FSB)12.1 in WXGA
-2GB,DDR, 333MHz, 2 Dimm, for Inspiron 700m
-100GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive forInspiron 700m
So you need that for work? Why spring for all that and no decent video card! *throws up hands in shame*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2005-12-22, 09:19 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "What is a laptop?"
More importantly, how the hell does one misspell "lap" so many times? Isn't that like...kindergarten word? The "b" button is no where near the "p" button. Not on MY keyboard, anyway.

Argh! Mien brain!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2005-12-22, 10:02 AM in reply to Ganga's post "Laptop I just got"
Nice, I was thinking of buying a "laptop" soon.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2005-12-22, 12:06 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "Nice, I was thinking of buying a..."
The top of my lap is big! How are your laptops so light??

Last edited by GravitonSurge; 2005-12-22 at 01:54 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2005-12-22, 01:54 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "The top of my lap is big! How are your..."
I went ahead and fixed the entire thread for you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-12-22, 02:07 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I went ahead and fixed the entire..."
Gravy is the bestest mod.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-12-22, 02:09 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Gravy is the bestest mod."
The most bestest ever! Festivous for the rest of us!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2005-12-22, 02:19 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "The most bestest ever! Festivous for..."
i love sitcom holidays
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2005-12-22, 02:48 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "That's a nice laptop that you have. Is..."
You must not be familiar with laptop processors, HoH. 2GHz is as fast as Pentium M's go, and at that speed, they're fucking blazing.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-12-23, 02:13 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "You must not be familiar with laptop..."
How do u upgrade laptop components? I wanan get a geforce 5700 go for it but i dont know if my thing is integrated or agp
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight