Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

stupid computer problems
Posted 2006-01-17, 11:54 AM
have you ever had a tough time fixing a computer? mine crashed just recently and I was having getting a hemorroid(sp check) trying to reload the operating system: first it would freeze when it starts up only showing the background and mouse. then i re installed the drive from a ghost image. it wouldn't even go past the login page. so I tried to repair it using the official xp disk. then the internet wouldn't work! so i said "screw this" and deleted everything and started from scratch. which is where i am now.

So tell all about your computer troubles.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sciencekid

Posted 2006-01-17, 12:55 PM in reply to sciencekid's post "stupid computer problems"
5 years strong no problems with my comp.
XBL: GreatThanatos69
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2006-01-17, 01:15 PM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "5 years strong no problems with my comp."
hay i think when your system tray takes up half your taskbar its time to reevaluate your computer usage
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2006-01-17, 01:24 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "hay i think when your system tray takes..."
Mantralord said:
hay i think when your system tray takes up half your taskbar its time to reevaluate your computer usage
Nope all there is on taskbar is a lot of photo editing shit a couple games im services and P2P services.

I don't use comp for a lot of shit cause hardly any games run smooth besides starcraft and I can't play bnet for some gay reason it lags. So ya.
XBL: GreatThanatos69
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2006-01-18, 11:30 PM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "Nope all there is on taskbar is a lot..."
oh come on! there's gotta be someone who's had trouble with their computer and wants to talk about it! come on, how about some great tale of frustration! a story of computer violence!...... or maybe a comment or two involving their experiences with a repeated computer problem?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sciencekid

Posted 2006-01-18, 11:45 PM in reply to sciencekid's post "stupid computer problems"
my chassis fan keeps dying so i have to punch my computer to get it going... lol its funny but annoying
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2006-01-19, 12:35 AM in reply to Acer's post starting "my chassis fan keeps dying so i have to..."
Nuts to the fan, use cooking oil.

http://www.ps3portal.com/ps3/article/256.html

The last major problem I had was during the Summer. An extremely hard to get rid of Hijacker thingy. We formatted and swapped from ME to XP. No problems since then.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-01-19, 12:50 AM in reply to sciencekid's post "stupid computer problems"
My laptop has half a video card.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-01-19, 01:09 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "My laptop has half a video card."
how in the world do you have half a video card, and how the heck does it still function?

Hey lenny, I read the article, but what does cooking oil have to do w/ anything? I didn't see that in there unless there's a joke im missing ......

Last edited by sciencekid; 2006-01-19 at 01:11 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sciencekid

Posted 2006-01-19, 10:29 AM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "how in the world do you have half a..."
YOu know, I think I've pasted the wrong link. If my computer shows me right, then that is a link to some PS3 news...

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/01/..._out_the_fans/

That's what it should be.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-01-20, 12:59 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "YOu know, I think I've pasted the wrong..."
I had comp problems but i fixed it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
darknessrules3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendarknessrules3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

darknessrules3

Posted 2006-01-20, 01:55 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "YOu know, I think I've pasted the wrong..."
That's pretty crazy, Lenny. But does anyone really want their computer parts all oily?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2006-01-29, 09:28 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "That's pretty crazy, Lenny. But does..."
I completely forgot about this.

It's better to have oily computer parts that work better as a whole than a fan that can get all clogged with dust, dont'cha think?

It just sucks if you need to replace a part.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-01-30, 01:31 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I completely forgot about this. It's..."
The only problem I've really ever had that was a big deal was trying to get the DNS re-enabled on our 2003 server. It also wouldn't want to talk to the linux firewall so we had to re-configure that as well. It only took a few hours =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2006-01-30, 02:42 PM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "The only problem I've really ever had..."
Oh, I'm sure that was lots of fun.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win