Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

mods
Posted 2006-02-17, 02:53 PM
does any1 know where i can get the mods for my game like the one to get the coordinates because thatd help me
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Farting_Pumpkin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFarting_Pumpkin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Farting_Pumpkin

Posted 2006-02-17, 03:36 PM in reply to Farting_Pumpkin's post "mods"
If you mean addons or custom UIs, curse-gaming.net is the place to go.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2006-02-17, 04:28 PM in reply to Farting_Pumpkin's post "mods"
And get CTRAID! Helpful for all those instances.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-02-17, 11:29 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "And get CTRAID! Helpful for all those..."
I remember a long time ago when I was pvping and this guy named Ts who was like lvl 60 a few weeks after the game came out raped like our entire guild ...those were the days :P. Ts is one of the developers of CTRAID
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-02-18, 11:54 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I remember a long time ago when I was..."
what are the mods that most people use
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Farting_Pumpkin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFarting_Pumpkin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Farting_Pumpkin

Posted 2006-02-18, 12:53 PM in reply to Farting_Pumpkin's post starting "what are the mods that most people use"
Well, it used to be that Cosmos reigned supreme, but as they added more and more mods to it, it grew unstable, and especially when they made it require the sky library, people stopped using it. Today, there are several UI packages that people might start with: CT_Mod, Nurfed, Gypsy
Most people that do raids have CT_RaidAssist, which is a separate mod released by the CT_Mod team (you don't need CT_Mod to use it). Titan Panel and Atlas also seem to be universally popular.

Personally, I use pieces of CT_Mod, part of Nurfed, all of the Discord mods, ItemRack,Atlas,DontTargetPet,MobHealth2,Mozz Full World Map, Mute Button,Scrolling Combat Text, and Titan Panel
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2006-02-18, 08:17 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Well, it used to be that Cosmos reigned..."
I use CTmod and Titanbar myself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2006-02-19, 12:05 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I use CTmod and Titanbar myself."
and you dont get banned for these right?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Farting_Pumpkin

Posted 2006-02-19, 03:11 PM in reply to Farting_Pumpkin's post starting "and you dont get banned for these right?"
Nope, just as long as the ui isn't control your char, you can use any of them. I right now am using nerf ui. I would highly reccomend this.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2006-02-19, 04:17 PM in reply to Farting_Pumpkin's post starting "and you dont get banned for these right?"
As far as I know, none of the mods on curse-gaming.net will get you banned, that's why they are "custom" UIs, all they do is change the current user interface into something more useful for you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2006-02-19, 06:35 PM in reply to Farting_Pumpkin's post starting "and you dont get banned for these right?"
You can only get banned for UI addons that enable cross-faction communication or automated playing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2006-02-20, 05:42 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "You can only get banned for UI addons..."
I was thinking about how it would be cool if someone would make a PVP UI, where if anyone else using the UI spotted an alliance(or horde if you play alliance) it would broadcast it to everyone using the addon in that zone or within a certain area saying the coordinates where the alliance(or horde) was spotted. Of course, in places like gadgetzan this would get annoying, so maybe with some kind of ability to turn it off and on with just a click would be nifty.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2006-02-20, 08:12 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I was thinking about how it would be..."
Problem is that the UI scripting doesn't know what objects appear in the 3D render, or where they appear, and TargetNearestEnemy() has been nurfed so that it only works by keypress or button press.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2006-02-20, 04:09 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Problem is that the UI scripting..."
WetWired said:
Problem is that the UI scripting doesn't know what objects appear in the 3D render, or where they appear, and TargetNearestEnemy() has been nurfed so that it only works by keypress or button press.
Said UI could likely create a macro that would perform TargetNearestEnemy() as you press a movement key. There was a Priest UI mod that did this with Inner Fire, so it can be done.

!K_A!, it would have to work a lot like CT_RaidAssist in the manner of a private channel, sending broadcasts/etc over that. While possible, I don't feel that a mod of this type would have too much popularity.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2006-02-21, 07:59 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Said UI could likely create a macro..."
Of course, even if it did, it would be disruptive of PvE combat activity.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired