Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Picture HP Display
Posted 2006-05-09, 03:15 PM
For my game, I'm trying to have the HP (and the faceset) display on the screen... I made pictures for it and made a common event for it to show up, but...it's not working for some reason. Here's my code (Note: There are three common events):

Health=Fine
-------------
<> Fork Option: Variable [0009:HP]-75 Over
<>Show Picture: 1,Fine, (160,120)
<>
:End Case
<>

Health=Caution
-------------
<> Fork Option: Variable [0009:HP]-50 Over
<>Fork Option: Variable [0009:HP]-75 Less
<>Erase Picture: 1
<>Show Picture: 2,Caution, (160,120)
<>
<>Show Picture: 1
<>
<>

Health=Danger
-------------
<>Fork Option: Variable [0009:HP]-50 Less
<>Erase Picture: 1
<>Erase Picture: 2
<>Show Picutre: 3
<>
<>

Can anyone help? (Note: I am using RM2k)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2006-05-09, 06:54 PM in reply to Noob101's post "Picture HP Display"
I'm assuming 0009:HP gets set at the start of the common event? (Probably needs three lines to set it as a percentage, but..) You only need one common event, since you're using forking.

Also, you can just have it as Picture 1 for all three images - the only reason you'd use Picture 2 and Picture 3 is if you have more than one picture onscreen at the same time. And if you're exactly 75, none of your branches apply...

Here's a good structure:

Anyway, I'm wondering how your HP number is being calculated. Remember that there's no decimals, so if you're doing something like 95 divided by 100, then multiplying by 100 for the percentage, you're going to get zero. That would explain if you're getting stuck on the third "Oh no I'm going to die" image even at 95% HP.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2006-05-15, 02:54 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "I'm assuming 0009:HP gets set at the..."
Sorry I'm so late replying....I've been out of town for awhile. Anyways...

Like this?

Last edited by Noob101; 2006-05-15 at 02:59 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2006-05-15, 03:29 PM in reply to Noob101's post starting "Sorry I'm so late replying....I've been..."
That's fine, assuming your 0009:HP variable is calculated properly
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2006-05-15, 03:35 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "That's fine, assuming your 0009:HP..."
Hrm. Well I set it up, and the first picture isn't even showing up when I test it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Noob101

Posted 2006-05-16, 02:39 PM in reply to Noob101's post starting "Hrm. Well I set it up, and the first..."
Then you're not calling the event properly (make sure it's triggered right, or Called, and if there's a switch or something involved make sure it's in the proper state)

Even if 0009:HP is zero, it will give you the first "danger" picture, and if it's 40000000, it'll give you the "fine" picture

I also still don't understand why you are erasing the picture first, you don't need to erase the picture unless you, in fact, don't want to show anything. If you're just changing Picture 1, just put a new picture in slot 1.

Edit: Easiest way to test it out is to just make a test map, with a cat or something that displays your picture. That way everything's completely under your control and you can see what's going on a lot easier.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlueCube

Posted 2006-05-17, 01:18 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Then you're not calling the event..."
Hrm. Well I set it up and it's not working....ImageShack isn't working at the moment, but when it is, I'll give you an example.

EDIT: Alright, I've decided to scrap the whole thing. I'll figure out something else to do.

Last edited by Noob101; 2006-05-20 at 01:09 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Noob101