Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Evil Grin I Need Help On Rpg Maker Xp!!!
Posted 2006-06-01, 11:18 AM
I need help on rpg maker xp. I'll make this short and sweet. Ok, I'm trying to make a room for a dungeon. And I want it to be full of switches, but all of them fake, except for three. And when you find the 3 switches, a chest appears with a door key in it. And also, you can't get out of the room until you find the switches. If possible, just how do you do that???
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
llamallover2021 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenllamallover2021 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

llamallover2021

Posted 2006-06-01, 05:01 PM in reply to llamallover2021's post "I Need Help On Rpg Maker Xp!!!"
I'm currently working on a demo on how to do it. hold on.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-06-01, 05:31 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I'm currently working on a demo on how..."
Atnas said:
I'm currently working on a demo on how to do it. hold on.
What do you mean?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
llamallover2021 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenllamallover2021 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

llamallover2021

Posted 2006-06-01, 07:14 PM in reply to llamallover2021's post starting "What do you mean?"
I'm making a one room game to let you see how to do what you described.
basically what I'm doing making three switch puzzle to open a door.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-06-01, 08:18 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I'm making a one room game to let you..."
Ok, great. When is it going to be done? And do you know where I can download rpg maker 2k3 with translations? And what's a sprite? I'm new to this rpg making stuff. I downloaded rpg maker xp like 5 days ago. And does anybody have any ideas i can use for my first dungeon? I'm sorta stumped on what to do. And is it just from where I downloaded it or does rpgmxp always have a 30 day trial? Does rpgm2k3 have a free trial before you buy it or is it completely free? Sorry for all the questions!

Last edited by llamallover2021; 2006-06-01 at 10:09 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

llamallover2021

Posted 2006-06-01, 11:48 PM in reply to llamallover2021's post starting "Ok, great. When is it going to be done?..."
No need to apologize for asking questions, I like to think the good people here at Zelaron enjoy answering them. Roughly, sprites are images placed onto other images on the screen ( like the images of characters in a game placed over backgrounds) . RM2k3 is "free" because it was illeagally translated by Don Miguel. As for the RMXP 30 day trial, you must have downloaded the official version otherwise it too would have been "free." Hope that helps, good luck making games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noble Swordsman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoble Swordsman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noble Swordsman

Posted 2006-06-02, 12:31 PM in reply to Noble Swordsman's post starting "No need to apologize for asking..."
So a sprite is like a graphic of some sort, like on an event? You can't download sprites for the official XP since it's official, right? Well, where can I download the "unofficial" version? And it's technically illegal to download rpgm2k3, right? But lots of people do it anyway, right? Where can I download 2k3? And is 2k3 better than XP? Cuz a lot of people say they like it better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

llamallover2021

Posted 2006-06-02, 12:33 PM in reply to Noble Swordsman's post starting "No need to apologize for asking..."
There's a version of RMXP, translated, that's completely illegal.

If I'm allowed, I'll post up a link. If not, then I'll PM you the link. The .exe file is hosted on my webspace.

It also needs a translated Help file, which is there.

All in a little .zip file.

-----

EDIT: I'll answer your questions now that I'm here.

- A sprite is the actual character that moves around.
- Unofficial version answer above.
- Yes, it's all illegal.
- RM2K3 I can probably upload to my webspace too.
- RM2K3 IS better than RMXP in terms of what you can do. But RMXP is more open. You can script in it for one. And the graphics are better. Altogether, RM2K3 IS the better of the two.

Last edited by Lenny; 2006-06-02 at 12:36 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-02, 01:59 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "There's a version of RMXP, translated,..."
What? There's a free, legal, translated version of RMXP?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noble Swordsman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoble Swordsman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noble Swordsman

Posted 2006-06-02, 02:00 PM in reply to Noble Swordsman's post starting "What? There's a free, legal, translated..."
Translated. Free.

But not Legal.

If you really wanted a legal copy, then you can buy Enterbrain's Japenese version and download the language patch - which doesn't work with illegal copies.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-02, 02:10 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Translated. Free. But not Legal. ..."
I guess nothing is ever really free... thank you for the prompt reply.

Last edited by Noble Swordsman; 2006-06-02 at 02:16 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Noble Swordsman

Posted 2006-06-02, 02:54 PM in reply to Noble Swordsman's post starting "I guess nothing is ever really free......"
And now another prompt reply.

I've got both on a webpage on my webspace. As soon as I've uploaded the, I'll sedny ou a link. And anyone else who wants one.

But I don't want people signing up just for the link. DO that, and you ain't getting it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-02, 03:03 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "And now another prompt reply. :) ..."
Who are you sending a link to, me or Noble Swordsman? And hey, nothing "bad" happens if you download the illegal version of xp or 2k3, right? I mean, like a bazillion people have done it already, right?

Last edited by llamallover2021; 2006-06-02 at 03:07 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

llamallover2021

Posted 2006-06-02, 03:18 PM in reply to llamallover2021's post starting "Who are you sending a link to, me or..."
Both of you, don't see why not.

And nothing's happened to any of us on the site, nor anyone I know... so, no, nothing bad happens.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-02, 03:24 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Both of you, don't see why not. And..."
Hey, do you know why I can't PM people? It says my account doesn't have sufficient privileges.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

llamallover2021

Posted 2006-06-02, 03:26 PM in reply to llamallover2021's post starting "Hey, do you know why I can't PM people?..."
You need 10 posts to PM, now. Ever since we got some weirdo's PMing this and that.

Give me 40 minutes or so, and I'll have both programs uploaded, and the page working - they're pretty big (21mb and 36mb), so they take some time to transfer. And even then, I'm not sure it'll work. My FTP client hates big files.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-02, 03:33 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You need 10 posts to PM, now. Ever..."
i'll be done with the demo in 30 minutes, sorry it took so long, but between school, homework, my power going out I haven't had the time really.

By the way, hey Lenny? can you pm me the help file for rmxp? mines in japanese. I downloaded the Postality Knights version of rmxp, which is supposedly better... do you know if it is? It has some weird error message if I put too many switches within a span of 1 minute...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2006-06-02, 03:38 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "i'll be done with the demo in 30..."
Not a clue. I've just got some RMXP I downloaded when it came out.

And sure I can.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-02, 03:44 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "i'll be done with the demo in 30..."
It's ok. I can wait for the demo you're making for me. I need it for my dungeon. While I wait I'll skip ahead to my boss battle and work on that. And Atnas, about that game you're making, The Angelus File, the story sounds pretty cool and I'd love to help getting futuristic tilesets and stuff.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

llamallover2021

Posted 2006-06-02, 04:13 PM in reply to llamallover2021's post starting "It's ok. I can wait for the demo you're..."
lamalover, I'm sorry to make you wait, but I'll have to get the demo to you saturday. I've gotta go someplace and it's an all nighter...heh...well, thanks for your offer to help, believe me, I need some tilesets.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas