Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

Full Time Job
Posted 2006-06-15, 05:56 AM
This is first time I am working full time (40+ Hours a week), on top of that, I am taking a summer class. But dam, I never expect shits can be this hard. It has only been two weeks, and I am breaking down already. Whoever says office works is easier than manual labors lies, instead of your body getting tire, my eyes right now is blind, and my brain is fried. I give my absolute respects for any adults that are working full time.

Last edited by Ganga; 2006-06-15 at 05:59 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2006-06-15, 09:05 AM in reply to Ganga's post "Full Time Job"
Welcome to the real world. Don't be in a rush to get here. I've been working 60+ hours a week for about a year now. You get used to it, but in the beginning it really sucks. The money is damn good though!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2006-06-15, 09:27 AM in reply to Ganga's post "Full Time Job"
Err.. manual labor is definitely harder than office work. Think about it... 40+ hours in a factory where you are constantly lifting things, walking around, using your hands/body whenever needed.

OR

40+ hours in a office where you sit at a desk and type, fill out reports, etc.

I've yet to experience the office work, but I've been working in various factories for a while now and it takes a toll on your body. I'm constantly sore.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2006-06-15, 09:46 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Err.. manual labor is definitely harder..."
Thanatos said:
40+ hours in a office where you sit at a desk and type, fill out reports, etc.
If only it sounds that easy. Usually you get a project where you sit your ass on the desk stare at the monitor for 8 hours straight for few days. Titu is dead on the money, don't try to rush or anything. What I did was I try to be like superman, since I just begin to work. I barely took any breaks and just typing and working like crazy, that shit burn you out like hell. Don't try shits like that.

And yea, the money is just too dam good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2006-06-15, 11:06 AM in reply to Ganga's post starting "If only it sounds that easy. Usually..."
40 hours a week isn't that bad. I work 30+ over a 3 day period sometimes, lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-06-15, 01:05 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "40 hours a week isn't that bad. I work..."
If you want to compare working hours, don't come knocking over here. A normal work day for me is 12 hours. During hurricaine season, when a storm makes landfall and causes a lot of power outages and structural damage, I'll be working 16 hour days, 7 days a week until everything is fixed. Last year, I had almost 4 months straight like that. The pay is RIDICULOUS during that time, which is the only motivation to keep going.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2006-06-15, 02:37 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "If you want to compare working hours,..."
That shit will age you fast.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-06-15, 03:23 PM in reply to Ganga's post "Full Time Job"
Damn. Most I ever worked was 55 hrs during the back to school season at OfficeMax. I'm part time though.

Isn't anything more then 40 hrs overtime? In Illinois it is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-06-15, 05:07 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Damn. Most I ever worked was 55 hrs..."
I used to work a job with 12hr shifts 3-4 days a week. Thing was we got unlimited over time pretty much. So I would work like 60hrs a week. Omg 40 regular hours. 8 time and a half hours. and 12 double time hours! I was making bank. I miss that job. Plus it was easy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2006-06-15, 09:44 PM in reply to Ganga's post "Full Time Job"
at my job during season i was working an easy 65+ hours a week doing hard ass labor... i dont care what you say, that shit is the worst. all my free time was sleep because i was so worn out
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2006-06-16, 11:22 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "I used to work a job with 12hr shifts..."
After I graduated high school I started working 96 hours a week, manual labor.
XBL: GreatThanatos69
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2006-06-17, 12:01 AM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "After I graduated high school I started..."
holy crap how can you work so much......
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2006-06-18, 08:48 PM in reply to iceman887's post starting "holy crap how can you work so much......"
iceman887 said:
holy crap how can you work so much......
Have a kid WAY to early and you'll start piling up bills...It only hurts for the first week... then its a cake.
XBL: GreatThanatos69
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2006-06-19, 06:33 AM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "Have a kid WAY to early and you'll..."
My summer job was 7 days a week 9-10 hours, on commission. So i had to do work at the office or i didnt get any money. But the product i sold was needed pretty much in every telecommunications department across the country so i made a shitload. Easy to say that i made enough in 2 summers that i can sit back and relax now before getting a full time job after college.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-06-19, 07:49 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "My summer job was 7 days a week 9-10..."
Lucky bugger.

I've got a Summer Job, starting tomorrow - loading and unloading trucks at my friend's dad's factory down the road.

9 hours a day, 5 days a week (5 hours on the Friday - 39 hours in total), 8 weeks out of the 11 I've got off school, at about £4 an hour ($7.40), which is a tidy little sum altogether. And it's all solely for a PS3 and HDTV. A lot of work for someone who's never had a job before, but it'll be worth it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-19, 09:33 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Lucky bugger. :p I've got a Summer..."
you'll save up enough money for a ps3 over the Summer but it'll take you a while for a HDTV :P.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-06-19, 10:42 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "you'll save up enough money for a ps3..."
I've got it all planned - £1200 from the job, plus £500 I've already got, plus my parents are putting about £300 towards it.

£500/600 for PS3 and games, £1400 for HDTV. Sor'ed. And hopefully, by November the prices of TV's will have gone down a bit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-19, 10:47 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I've got it all planned - £1200 from..."
What about the amount that's taken out by taxes? Or is it off the books.

I'm about to have 2 jobs, methinks. Between the two, that's like... 60 hours.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-06-19, 11:12 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "What about the amount that's taken out..."
No taxes for me. I've got to be earning something like £2000 a month.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-19, 11:49 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "No taxes for me. I've got to be earning..."
Oh yeah! Well I have 4 jobs, work 10 days a week, and gather about 212 hours a week. All double time!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied