Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Unhappy help the new guy
Posted 2006-07-23, 10:24 AM
hi i'm new here n i was wundrin if u cld answr my Qs pls, pls, please.

1.i have made a fight event and it has a pic of the moster. i won't the moster/event 2 disapear if i/the player win, but 2 stay there if i lose(if posible)

2.i want 2 make a map that when u go there the only way out is the way u canme in but when you get a special item u can go other ways (like a maze which sends u back to the begining if u try 2 go a difrent way unless u have that item)

3.almost the same as Q2 but u cant defeat a monster without a certain item/can only damage it wen u get that item.

4.is it possible for the player 2 change the name of the hero from the defalut to woteva they wont.

5.wot do i need to make a sprite cos i have sum ideas 4 sum heros and mosters.

6.is it possible to make a character get tired and/or become weaker and/or slower cause they r tired. if so how?

thnx in advance
if any 1 could send a demo 4 any of my Q's i will be even more thankful.
.................................................. .................................................. ...
FantasiesFinalBreath(FFB)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
FFB is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFFB is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

FFB

Posted 2006-07-23, 11:48 AM in reply to FFB's post "help the new guy"
I'll answer question 5, I do it all the time.

http://www.humanbalance.net/gale/us/download.html

Use the free version of that software to make/ edit sprites. As of everything else, It could be done very simply with switches and conditional branches.

I'm busy with some graphical requests at rmxp.org, but I'm sure someone else could help you...(lenny?)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-07-23, 12:27 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting ":) I'll answer question 5, I do it all..."
I'm busy too, sorry.

If no-one else has by tomorrow, then I'll try and answer all of them, apart from #5.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-07-23, 01:31 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I'm busy too, sorry. If no-one else..."
2. In the code for your teleport (change map) event have one page do nothing then add another page that has a precondition that the party holds a certain item, on the later page have the teleport event that takes the party to the next location.

3. You could have a switch turn on at the same time the player recieves the item. Then in the code for that battle have a conditional statement that if the switch is off ( hence the player hasn't recieved the item) the monster is given a condition that makes him evade all attacks. Just make sure they can't get rid of the item or that something turns off the switch if they do.

4. Yes, use the "enter hero name" function located in the second page of code command options.

5. All you need is a simple paint program like MS Paint, there are size and color restrictions though.

6. You could place in the battle code for each battle something like if Character X HP is between 0 and 25 percent inflict exhausted condition on Character X.

BTW I'm assuming your using RM2K3, if not I think most of this is still right. Best of luck with your RPG.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noble Swordsman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoble Swordsman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noble Swordsman

Posted 2006-07-23, 02:44 PM in reply to Noble Swordsman's post starting "2. In the code for your teleport..."
thnx u guys that was a lot of help.
.................................................. .................................................. ...

FantasiesFinalbreath(FFB)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
FFB is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFFB is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

FFB

Posted 2006-08-04, 04:04 PM in reply to FFB's post starting "thnx u guys that was a lot of..."
u only need paint 4 sprites
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DarkSpartan116 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDarkSpartan116 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DarkSpartan116

Posted 2006-08-07, 02:45 AM in reply to DarkSpartan116's post starting "u only need paint 4 sprites"
DarkSpartan116 said:
u only need paint 4 sprites
The best graphics program I've used for sprites was IDraw3.

Oh yeah. Please speak English not internet lingo. Bugs the shit out of me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G