Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

My MIDI problem...again
Posted 2007-01-20, 01:31 PM
...Hey. I had a MIDI problem awhile back (look around for it), and a lot of you told me to increase the MIDI volume under the volume control. I went there...only to find that I had changing the MIDI volume was not an option, as there was no 'MIDI' option (even when I went to advanced options under File in the volume control).

How in the world can I not have that option? Every other computer I've used has this. Anyone know why I don't have this/how I can get it? I'm using Crystal SoundFusion as a sound...program...thing. Might be a soundcard, I dunno.

Last edited by Noob101; 2007-01-20 at 05:13 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2007-01-21, 01:33 AM in reply to Noob101's post "My MIDI problem...again"
Noob101 said:
...Hey. I had a MIDI problem awhile back (look around for it), and a lot of you told me to increase the MIDI volume under the volume control. I went there...only to find that I had changing the MIDI volume was not an option, as there was no 'MIDI' option (even when I went to advanced options under File in the volume control).

How in the world can I not have that option? Every other computer I've used has this. Anyone know why I don't have this/how I can get it? I'm using Crystal SoundFusion as a sound...program...thing. Might be a soundcard, I dunno.
Ha ha ha ha, this is not something funny at all.

Not too long ago there was a problem with the soundcard in the computer I'm using. Now my brother, "Michael_Sama", has had to take apart the computer several times while trying to install a new graphic card, which succeeded.

About a month and a half ago the sound suddenly stopped working on the computer. So we took it apart and took out the sound card and placed it back in. Suddenly once again the sound was back and the option of midi was turned from non-available to available.

All you have to do is look up the computer type you have and find where the soundcard is located. Then making sure you’re careful not to get shocked by shutting off your computer wait at least 10 minutes then take it apart. Hold on to something metal to keep an electrical flow as to not fry you computer (static shock). Take it out put it back in close it up and turn your computer on. The feature should be available.

If that doesn't work then your best hope is to take it to a computer fixing place like the "Best Buy Geek Squad" if there’s one by you.

That's the best information I can give you Goodlookinguy
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2007-01-22, 04:42 PM in reply to Noob101's post "My MIDI problem...again"
Oh, yes, it’s proven to work. I have no idea what happened. I think the computer took a vacation. I wouldn’t know, since I can’t read binary. (Yes, it’s okay to laugh at a bad joke.)

Anyhow, do the process, since you learn about your computer anyway in case of future problems. I’m an expert at deconstructing and constructing computers back together.

Why does my online name have quotes? Am I that special to you, bro? (Laugher soon follows.)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Michael_sama is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMichael_sama is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Michael_sama

Posted 2007-01-24, 06:01 PM in reply to Michael_sama's post starting "Oh, yes, it’s proven to work. I have no..."
I'm having someone look into it. Thanks, guys.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2007-02-04, 08:50 AM in reply to Noob101's post starting "I'm having someone look into it...."
Were you able to fix the problem how we told you to by any chance?

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2007-02-04, 08:56 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Were you able to fix the problem how we..."
I thought you bought a new computer last time?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2007-02-04, 08:59 AM in reply to kaos's post starting "I thought you bought a new computer..."
kaos said:
I thought you bought a new computer last time?
Who are you trying to communicate this to My brother & myself or Noob101?

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2007-02-04, 09:06 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Who are you trying to communicate this..."
And @ Noob101
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2007-02-05, 07:50 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "And @ Noob101"
Oh. Uh. APPARENTLY, you need money to purchase things. It's a new concept; I wasn't aware of it until I was standing in front of the Best Buy clerk with an empty wallet.

Last edited by Noob101; 2007-02-06 at 06:45 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Noob101

Posted 2007-02-08, 07:32 AM in reply to Noob101's post starting "Oh. Uh. APPARENTLY, you need money to..."
Noob101 said:
Oh. Uh. APPARENTLY, you need money to purchase things. It's a new concept; I wasn't aware of it until I was standing in front of the Best Buy clerk with an empty wallet.

Are you taking about the whole buying a computer thing or was it about the midi problem.

If it was about the midi problem then did you try to fix it yourself? Or did you automaticly go the Best Buy Geek Squad for help, because they will make you pay through the nose to fix things that really aren't broken, sometimes. If they wanted you to purchase something like a new sound card, don't!(not yet anyways) Yours should be fine and if nothing works Best Buy Geek Squad gives FREE Calabration tests if you bring in your PC, to make sure everything is working correctly, if not, then you might have a problem out of my brother's and myself's hands. Which could ultimatly make you have to purchase a new sound card .

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2007-02-08, 03:58 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Are you taking about the whole buying a..."
Goodlookinguy said:
Are you taking about the whole buying a computer thing or was it about the midi problem?
It...was a vain attempt at humor (about buying a new computer). : (

Anyways, I'll take it into Geek Squad and have them look at it. Thanks again, guys.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Noob101