Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

View Poll Results: Should Zelaron have an E-Rep system?
All those in favour, say "AYE"! 18 75.00%
All those not in favour, say "NAY!" 6 25.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Post E-Rep
Posted 2007-09-13, 11:53 AM
I don't exactly know if VB has a built-in system, but a car forums I use has a button on each person's account name where you can give them E-Repuatation. It's somewhat cool, you can either Approve their comment or Disapprove of their comment and there are green Dots and Red dots that represent how much reputation they've received...

It's just a little add-on I feel would be pretty cool on here. We could also use a re-vamp of Smilies. I don't know if you guys have an access to a database of them where you can add in more, but it's always nice to have more of the little things, just something to throw out there.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-09-13, 11:57 AM in reply to D3V's post "E-Rep"
I'm also part of a forum with a version of the E-rep thing. The problem with that one is, they're a bunch of immature fucks that disapprove of every single post so I have like +49 karma/-400 ... everyone on that board has a ratio like that. I mean, if we can find a way to where we can't abuse it then yeah that'd be tight.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-09-13, 11:59 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I'm also part of a forum with a version..."
The site I use has a limit, it's like 3 per day I believe, and 7 per week per individual user. Seems to work pretty nice, it's some-what hard to abuse. And i'm sure if somebody on here abuses it we could just report it to a Sup Mod/admin and they can handle it with temp bans, etc.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-09-13, 12:21 PM in reply to D3V's post "E-Rep"
All the forums I'm on have one sans RPGSource.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-09-13, 01:13 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "All the forums I'm on have one sans..."
I suppose I should've added a poll, if a mod could do so that'd be great. Just to see what everyone thinks in a more organized setup. I personally think it would be cool, just another little qwirk to help out the site a bit.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-09-13, 02:26 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I suppose I should've added a poll, if..."
I can envision something like that being abused a bit, but therein lies the fun.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

E-Rep
Posted 2007-09-13, 03:08 PM in reply to D3V's post "E-Rep"
If it were left just at rep, though, with no incentive to work towards getting a good rep score, I could see it eventually dying out. But if you got something at various rep stages, then it would mean a lot more people would go for it.

At least, that's what I think.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-09-13, 03:49 PM in reply to Lenny's post "E-Rep"
Well hmm, people just start throwing out some ideas. Maybe you could implement the Avatar bonus at a certain Rep as well as 100% (either / or)

.. Idk, i'll brainstorm for a bit, i'm leavin work for now though! YAAA!!

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-09-13, 05:23 PM in reply to D3V's post "E-Rep"
The admins discussed this when vB3.0 came out years ago. The consensus is that it would be horribly abused and add nothing. More recently, I had an idea based on the "Gravitonsurge stamp of approval," but that requires a shop hack that doesn't suck.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-09-13, 05:34 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "The admins discussed this when vB3.0..."
WetWired said:
The admins discussed this when vB3.0 came out years ago. The consensus is that it would be horribly abused and add nothing. More recently, I had an idea based on the "Gravitonsurge stamp of approval," but that requires a shop hack that doesn't suck.
Killjoy!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-09-13, 06:30 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Killjoy!"
Dumb idea, IMO.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-14, 06:53 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Dumb idea, IMO."
Well the consensus is 8-0 and i'm sure you guys can edit the rankings if you feel they are being abused, and just allow people to report problems from repeat offenders.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-09-14, 08:30 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well the consensus is 8-0 and i'm sure..."
I'm sure I'd get banned from it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-09-14, 10:30 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I'm sure I'd get banned from it."
Darn tootin'. We could even ban you from using it from the word "Go", if you want, just to save us all time and effort.

It might be worth it's own thread at some point, but what exactly are you looking for in a Shop Hack, WW?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-09-14, 10:37 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "The admins discussed this when vB3.0..."
How would that add 'nothing'? I don't understand your logic when it comes to Zelaron.

I'm sure there are ways that you could bypass the alleged abuse. Make it so you can only +1 or -1 people once every couple of hours or something.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-09-14, 10:45 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "How would that add 'nothing'? I don't..."
It might be a bit much, but why not a brief comment on why you've repped +ve or -ve? I mean, if we ban someone we give a comment as to why, so why not do it with reps, too?

Makes it easier to moderate, and the rep-ee can report abuse of the system judging by the comment (eg, a -ve rep and the comment "Yo mom sukz ass craka!!11!!ONE").
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-09-14, 11:51 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "It might be a bit much, but why not a..."
Well that's how the one works I use on the other forums.

You have an [Approve] and [Disapprove] button you click on and you leave a brief comment, and the user can check his comments in the Control Panel there will be a specific section just for that.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-09-14, 02:52 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well that's how the one works I use on..."
I'd say as long as they had a way to avoid abuse and have a legit Reps, then it'd be badass..

I can imagine some title that you'd have by or under your avatar based on your rep (kinda like how the post count thing used to work)

Maybe..

Ban me please
Loser (I think that ones a given)

I dunno.. just throwing out some suggestions of Possible Reps..

And maybe have a "Favored Member" group/rep

ehh I dunno, can't think right now
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2007-09-14, 04:34 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I'd say as long as they had a way to..."
Perhaps loser should be the super member spot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-09-14, 04:41 PM in reply to D3V's post "E-Rep"
Depends on what you want this to do.

If you're looking for something to increase activity and such, a shop system would probably be better. Wasn't there a Zelaron RPG? You could tie in posts to generating game-money or something that would reward people for posting.

If you're looking for an epeen boost, this would just be a simple popularity contest, and add nothing at all to the site, it just puts numbers to things generally known. Definitely not worth the effort.

If you're looking to alert new members as to whom is regarded as a good poster, make this available only in sections like Life Discussion and such where people are looking for honest advice and assistance. That would help show people whose advice is often appreciated/etc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker