Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Post Starting FF8
Posted 2002-10-06, 09:35 AM
Well, I was in my room, bored, and kicked off the computer, so I decided I would start FF8. Im like 30 minutes into the game, I just beat fire cavern and Im on the world map right now. I plan on getting a strat guide and I hope to beat the game in a 3 or so weeks (with moderate, daily playing).

Are there any tips for me that you think I should know? Or stop me from playing?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2002-10-06, 03:16 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Starting FF8"
Well, I suggest you right now train your guys abit, like Squall to lvl 15, and whatever Quistis's lvl is when Squall is 15, its fine. Then, after the SeeD exam, I suggest you start training Zell and Selphie too... not to mention Squall to lvl 20-25. When you are lvl 30 or over in the SeeD field exam, you get a rank of an 'A'. But you can always get an 'A' without getting to lvl 30, but it makes the game easier if you lvl.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
I)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenI)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2002-10-11, 02:54 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Starting FF8"
uh pheonix, your level doesn't matter for the field exam. What determines it is...

Monsters killed (100 or more=A)

How many times you ran away (less times equal more points)

Time remaining after running from the tower (more time left equals more points).

How many times you talked to people not in your squad (you lose points if you talk to them)

BTW, theres a hidden bonus if you manage to kill the X-ATM, an extra 100 points, not to mention each time you kill it, you gain 50 AP, which you can get several times. However you must have leveled up your GF's to lvl 100 (using the seifer trick, which you shouldnt use unless your in a rush to beat the game).

How to defeat X-ATM:

If quezacotl is over lvl 50, you can do it easy. Start off the round with it by summoning him until X-ATM falls over, then when its trying to repair, summon him again. If it didnt get to repair fully, but yet still stands up, you've earned the 50 AP, so you gotta knock it down again and run for it. Repeat the process a couple more times until you get to the bridge area. Once there, fight the X-ATM. Keep summoning Quezacotl until it falls down. Once its down, keep summoning Quezacotl. Eventually the robot will explode, earning you the bonus 100 points for the exam and the standard 50 ap for killing it, however random battles will start, which will still affect part of the exam score.

Last thing, I think I forgot one factor for the exam score, but oh well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dark Dragoon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDark Dragoon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dark Dragoon

Posted 2002-10-11, 03:36 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Starting FF8"
uh... actually lvl counts... a high lvl Quezecotl makes the fight against the spider robot easier but if you are lvl 30 or over(Squall) you can get a rank of 'A'. I've actually tried it and I also read it in the strategy guide...(yes, I actually bought it.)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
I)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenI)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2002-10-11, 06:14 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Starting FF8"
FF8 was never as good as FF7 story wise... I would never buy the strat guide for it...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BMS-IcE-

Posted 2002-10-11, 06:21 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Starting FF8"
Quote:
Originally posted by tacoX
Are there any tips for me that you think I should know? Or stop me from playing?
Just stop playing. Before you regret it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2002-10-12, 12:49 AM in reply to tacoX's post "Starting FF8"
Ah screw it. If you want to know some very good reason's to play it, go ask at www.gamefaqs.com on the FF8 board.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dark Dragoon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDark Dragoon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dark Dragoon

Posted 2002-10-12, 03:44 AM in reply to tacoX's post "Starting FF8"
Quote:
Originally posted by Dark Dragoon
very good reason's to play FF8
Wow. An oxymoron capable of blinding human eyes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2002-10-12, 01:37 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Starting FF8"
Taco heres a list of the answers for the SeeD tests.

Level 1: Y N Y Y Y N N Y N N
Level 2: Y N Y Y Y N Y Y N N
Level 3: N N Y N Y Y Y N Y N
Level 4: N Y Y Y N N Y Y N N
Level 5: N N N Y Y N N Y Y Y
Level 6: Y N Y Y N N Y Y N Y
Level 7: Y Y Y Y Y Y N Y Y N
Level 8: N Y N N Y Y N N Y N
Level 9: N Y N N N N N N Y Y
Level 10: Y N N N N N N N Y N
Level 11: Y Y N Y Y N Y N N Y
Level 12: N Y N N Y N Y N Y N
Level 13: Y N N N Y N N N N N
Level 14: Y Y Y Y N Y Y N Y N
Level 15: Y Y N N N N N Y N Y
Level 16: Y N N Y N Y N N Y N
Level 17: Y N N N Y N N Y N N
Level 18: Y N N N Y N N N N N
Level 19: Y N N Y N N N N N Y
Level 20: Y Y N Y N Y Y Y N N
Level 21: Y Y Y Y N N Y Y Y N
Level 22: N N N Y N N N Y Y N
Level 23: Y N N N N Y Y Y Y Y
Level 24: Y Y N N Y Y N N N Y
Level 25: Y N Y Y Y N N Y N N
Level 26: Y Y N Y N Y N Y N N
Level 27: N Y N N N N Y N Y N
Level 28: Y N N Y Y Y N Y N N
Level 29: N N N Y Y N N N Y N
Level 30: N Y N N N N Y N N N
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BMS-IcE-

Posted 2002-10-12, 04:08 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Starting FF8"
I suggest you master the junctioning stuff. If you know how to junction, you can beat the game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-10-12, 06:49 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Starting FF8"
I've killed the spider. It's fun
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2002-10-12, 11:21 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Starting FF8"
Junctioning Is easy, its like equiping a character on Diablo II, you choose the best possible combination for each character.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BMS-IcE-

Posted 2002-10-14, 07:57 AM in reply to tacoX's post "Starting FF8"
When I first played the game... i didnt know a thing about Junctioning system... but when I kept dieing and stuff even though i was like lvl 50 then... I realized you can boost up your stats using magic lol... I felt really stupid but I figured it out. Taco, if you want to play the game... and need help, go look on GameFAQs or go into Gamespot.com to get some help.
Its all up to you on whether you play or not... because it could be an awesome game for you unlike anyone else.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2002-10-14, 06:15 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Starting FF8"
I personally loved FF8.... *stashes himself in his stash*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-10-14, 07:22 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Starting FF8"
i thought ff8 was great
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Radzkull is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRadzkull is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Radzkull

Posted 2002-10-14, 08:24 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Starting FF8"
sounds good

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2002-10-15, 06:12 AM in reply to tacoX's post "Starting FF8"
FF8 was great, but I did like 7 and 9 better.

FF6 and 4 are the best of the series, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2002-10-15, 05:33 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Starting FF8"
ff9 was my favorite out of them all then came ff8
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Radzkull is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRadzkull is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Radzkull

Posted 2002-10-15, 05:35 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Starting FF8"
Okay, why are you playing this game!? And um... don't use a strategy guide on an RPG, where's the fun in that?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JiN-RaiDeN

Posted 2002-10-16, 01:56 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Starting FF8"
Quote:
Originally posted by JiN-RaiDeN
Okay, why are you playing this game!?
uh... are you insulting FF8? Its not that bad at all actually... if you don't like it... give us a freaking reason instead of asking ppl why are they playing it as if its an obvious fact.

Quote:
Originally posted by JiN-RaiDeN
And um... don't use a strategy guide on an RPG, where's the fun in that?
"and um..." I realized that it does take the fun outta me so I stopped after I got FF8 guide :P you DONT have to remind me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

I)ark_Phoenix