Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Post The Learning Process
Posted 2002-11-06, 03:19 PM
I'm sure you've all pretty much tried to learn a lot of complicated things in life, anything from reaction formulaes in chemistry to the string theory, or why not programming as well? Well, I'm just wondering if anyone has actually had a "snap" experience when it comes to learning things?

In other words, you've been reading a book for 3 hours straight, and SNAP, you begin to know a ton of things all of a sudden. Or do you ALWAYS learn everything piece by piece, knowing that knowledge doesn't come without effort?
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-11-06, 06:19 PM in reply to Chruser's post "The Learning Process"
I'm not entirely sure I understand your question, Chruser. Are you asking if anyone here has just suddenly had their head filled with knowledge, as if by magic?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2002-11-06, 06:20 PM in reply to Chruser's post "The Learning Process"
I think he means that you just had an epiphany.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-11-06, 07:43 PM in reply to Chruser's post "The Learning Process"
yeah i get that only with science, all i do is read a chapter when studying on a test and i get 100% instantlly, i even put more then needed on the sheet and yeah, i seem to realize all this shit just by thinking about it, even though it didnt say it in the text, i just figure it out... it's kinda weird...
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2002-11-06, 07:55 PM in reply to Chruser's post "The Learning Process"
I have a 8.1% average in Science because my teacher hates white people.. And yet Science is my best subject..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-11-06, 10:21 PM in reply to Chruser's post "The Learning Process"
lol 8.1% is like an F-- ...
sig coming soon click for sig page!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
King Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKing Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

King Kai 3

Posted 2002-11-07, 06:33 AM in reply to Chruser's post "The Learning Process"
Yeah, I was playing Dance Maniax the other day, and I played Afronova Primeval on wild (think moving your hands so fast that they are blurs to a fixed pattern for 3 minutes at a time) with this guy and failed like halfway through. Then later that day I played it again and passed with a D!!
Click here for Dance Maniax info
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2002-11-07, 03:18 PM in reply to Chruser's post "The Learning Process"
Quote:
Originally posted by !King_Amazon!
I have a 8.1% average in Science

And yet Science is my best subject..
Holy shit! My lowest mark this term was a 78%
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-11-07, 04:48 PM in reply to Chruser's post "The Learning Process"
learning is hard
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2002-11-10, 12:18 AM in reply to Chruser's post "The Learning Process"
i had a "snap" when my friggin d2 game "snapped" in my freakin c drive!!!!!! (its me slay, i cant log in so im posting)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Unregistered

Posted 2002-11-10, 02:37 AM in reply to Chruser's post "The Learning Process"
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamesadin

Holy shit! My lowest mark this term was a 78%
My lowest mark this term is a 93.5 and its in English. I hate english. >_<
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BMS-IcE-

Posted 2002-11-10, 10:55 AM in reply to Chruser's post "The Learning Process"
I had an overall average of 83% for this term
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-11-10, 05:21 PM in reply to Chruser's post "The Learning Process"
For this term my overall average was 96.5
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BMS-IcE-

Posted 2002-11-10, 09:05 PM in reply to Chruser's post "The Learning Process"
well...im not a c master or anything but i learned quite a bit of it over a period of 3 days. That came 2 me quicker than i thought it would but of course i read this 1 book cover-cover in those three days cuz i was really damn bored...lol. But usually i gotta learn piece by piece.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2002-11-11, 09:37 AM in reply to Chruser's post "The Learning Process"
I get that in math alot... Mainly about proofs and shit like that...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2002-11-11, 01:14 PM in reply to Chruser's post "The Learning Process"
Yeah math seems to be my thing too, I can just about do any problem you all have ever done, guaranteed. Actually, in 4 months there will be nothing I can't do, because I will have finally finished Transform Methods and Filters, prereq is Calc 7 and Linear Algebra.

Challenge me, I dare you, lol... Actually don't, I'm not the best, I'm just pretty damn good at it, but if you feel so obliged, I'll try!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2002-11-11, 01:18 PM in reply to Chruser's post "The Learning Process"
Are you in University?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-11-11, 07:05 PM in reply to Chruser's post "The Learning Process"
damn bms ice , mind doing my homework? it would be easy for some1 like you :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2002-11-11, 07:17 PM in reply to Chruser's post "The Learning Process"
learning is still hard
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2002-11-11, 08:15 PM in reply to Chruser's post "The Learning Process"
I can't say I've ever been reading something and then suddenly knew a ton of new things, I usually piece things together and figure out where it's leading to long before they get to it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn