Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

Which better for me in PvP?
Posted 2004-09-18, 02:56 PM
Ok im really new to teh dueling scene but im looking to get a start. Im thinking of trying a WW Barb or a Zealadin. HOWEVER, both of these chars are far beyond anything i have in terms of items (for leet setups neway) so i looked around at guides and think I may have enough to make a poor mans version of either (for now, practicing until i get rich ) so guys like endurack etc, advice plz. Like if there are even cheaper items i can get that would b better, let me no. Here's wat i got for each:

Zealadin-
helm- shako/gaze
armour- valour/stone/temps might(non eth )/carapace(non eth too )/enigma/g angel/gbane/shaftstop
gloves- bloodfist /soul drainer
belt- vendungos (1 is eth)/perf string/tgods
boots- sandstorm/waters/gores
rings- ravens/angelics/wisp/soj/dual leechers
ammy- maras/cats eye/angelic
shield- hoz/stormshield
wep1- eth bstar./griz caddy(3 sock)
wep2- cta/demon limb
charms- some random AR/life/fhr/frw/resist and anni

OR

WW Barb
helm- gaze/shako/arreats(39% ed jewl'd)
armour- stone/valour/enigma/ carapace/gbane/shaftstop
gloves- bloodfist/soul drainer
belt- vendungos/tgods
boots- aldur/gores
rings- angelic/sojs/wisp/raven/dual leechers
amulet- maras/cats eye/viper torc (duped rare +2 barb skill with some other mods)
shield- stormshield
wep1- gf
wep2- 2xechoing throwing spears/demon limb
charms- 10+ skillers (1xwc w/ 35 life) and random AR/life/fhr/frw/resist and anni

so there. This is nl useast. I dont really know how effective either of these would be. Any advice on what to do with em is helpful.

Im adding items as i find them too

Last edited by wilma; 2004-09-18 at 03:17 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
wilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

wilma

Posted 2004-09-18, 03:40 PM in reply to wilma's post "Which better for me in PvP?"
Use amazon with ethereal wf and chaosplate enigma
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
TheFinalrei is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTheFinalrei is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

TheFinalrei

Posted 2004-09-18, 03:48 PM in reply to TheFinalrei's post starting "Use amazon with ethereal wf and..."
plz dont spam my thread
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
wilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

wilma

Posted 2004-09-18, 04:03 PM in reply to wilma's post starting "plz dont spam my thread"
Use the ww barb, replace gloves with dracs, get arachnid mesh for fcr and 2 fcr rings against casters for the 37% fcr breakpoint, since your on east soul spurs would make great boots against casters, and get a second weapon as a beast zerker/cs + gf (i recommend ebotd zerker in the future) for dual wielding against casters, and for charms try to get 3/20/20s or if your rich and bitch about being "legit" get 10max/ar/life gcs or 3 max/ar/life scs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
TheFinalrei is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTheFinalrei is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

TheFinalrei

Posted 2004-09-18, 04:05 PM in reply to TheFinalrei's post starting "Use the ww barb, replace gloves with..."
Oh, and two um'd wizspikes works very well too against casters...thats how I beat ai-pkgodz, the so called "l33tist necro on west"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

TheFinalrei

Posted 2004-09-18, 04:11 PM in reply to TheFinalrei's post starting "Oh, and two um'd wizspikes works very..."
Oh yeah, one more thing, if your not rich enough for 3/20s get mastery gcs with life for now, use highlords for an ammy, and use 2 240+ar/20 dex ravens or 2 10 fcr cast rings for the ring part, dual leechers are shit nowadays because...leech is shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

TheFinalrei

Posted 2004-09-18, 04:21 PM in reply to wilma's post "Which better for me in PvP?"
omg no use hoz/ss u use Exile it good
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ScamAlot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenScamAlot is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ScamAlot

Posted 2004-09-18, 04:26 PM in reply to ScamAlot's post starting "omg no use hoz/ss u use Exile it good :D"
ScamAlot said:
omg no use hoz/ss u use Exile it good
Only advantage to exile is that fucking noob piece of shit lifetap, and high ass defense, a regular hoz is better in the long run...unless you plan to use a pally in pubs then use exile.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

TheFinalrei

Posted 2004-09-18, 04:29 PM in reply to TheFinalrei's post starting "Oh yeah, one more thing, if your not..."
Please use the edit button, and refrain from posting several posts in a row concerning the same thing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-09-18, 04:34 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Please use the edit button, and refrain..."
HandOfHeaven said:
Please use the edit button, and refrain from posting several posts in a row concerning the same thing.
Please forgive me as it was a mistake, and refrain from posting obvious shit that has nothing to do with the fucking topic.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

TheFinalrei

Posted 2004-09-18, 06:23 PM in reply to TheFinalrei's post starting "Please forgive me as it was a mistake,..."
OMG!

Am I dreaming Rei finally posted something intelligent!
This deserves a celebration.

Anyways, I agree on the exile comment, it's no good and HoZ is better, but for melee wouldn't Alma Negra be better?

Share the Pr0n, Not the lag
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ExT

Posted 2004-09-18, 06:37 PM in reply to ExT's post starting "OMG! Am I dreaming Rei finally..."
hmmmm dunno. how hard is alma negra to get? remember i've got a tight budget

And rei now that ur FINALLY posting something intelligent, explain to me how fast cast rate (im assuming thats the fcr u used) helps my barb? Is it for casting ww faster? doesnt make much sense to me

PS Im now a member wOOt!!!

Last edited by wilma; 2004-09-18 at 06:41 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

wilma

Posted 2004-09-18, 07:11 PM in reply to wilma's post starting "hmmmm dunno. how hard is alma negra to..."
wilma said:
hmmmm dunno. how hard is alma negra to get? remember i've got a tight budget

And rei now that ur FINALLY posting something intelligent, explain to me how fast cast rate (im assuming thats the fcr u used) helps my barb? Is it for casting ww faster? doesnt make much sense to me

PS Im now a member wOOt!!!
Against 125fcr bone necs or sorcs fcr helps so that you can tele faster and short ww and with the 37 fcr bp you can tele at 10fpa, against necs stand still
while you watch their bone spells fly right past you, then when they are about to tele namelock (or just tele beside them) and move your mouse to the center of the screen and do short ww's, against sorcs don't use namelock but rather teleport in front of them; meaning memorize their tele patterns (most of them teleport in a circular pattern so when they are say at 180 degrees and they are teleporting clockwise teleport your barb to lets say...200 degrees and just ww in place so that they will teleport into your ww). Against defensive fireball sorcs I recommend getting two um'd wizspikes and just chasing after them because good fball sorcs tend to never ever get on your screen for a namelock (or the degree teleport trick which is useful for lightning, orb, or blizz sorcs but not for fball). That 10fpa tele makes a huge difference because casters will be very surprised by your teleport speed 90% of the time and you will catch them off guard. And in the future get a 2 ber'd coa in conjunction with a botd (or gf in your case) + a beast cs or zerker+ dungos+ enigma against wind druids because of the mechanics of ww, dual wielding will get you more damage and more hits rather than using stormshield+weapon. Use the same setup vs. a v/t and ww away, and when they switch to foh just namelock tele and short whirl, and if they decide to desynch charge away just teleport away from him and hide behind a corner since foh can't cut through corners.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

TheFinalrei

Posted 2004-09-18, 07:15 PM in reply to TheFinalrei's post starting "Against 125fcr bone necs or sorcs fcr..."
Oh and about the alma negra, since your on east I would say a good one (2 skills/60+ar/60+damage) is 3-4 high runes...I'm not really sure but the prices on east are inflated compared to the prices on west.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

TheFinalrei

Posted 2004-09-18, 07:32 PM in reply to TheFinalrei's post starting "Oh and about the alma negra, since your..."
EDIT: Forgot one more thing, alma negra may be better for melee because of the high smite damage, but I would say an HoZ (or an upp'd one) is much better in the long run because of the +to skills and the 40 stats, not to mention the resists.

Shit I fucked up on the editing, my bad.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

TheFinalrei

Posted 2004-09-18, 08:44 PM in reply to TheFinalrei's post starting "EDIT: Forgot one more thing, alma negra..."
Alma Negra is an unpopular item on east, pretty much anything can get you a good one, on east that is.

Share the Pr0n, Not the lag
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ExT

Posted 2004-09-18, 09:54 PM in reply to TheFinalrei's post starting "EDIT: Forgot one more thing, alma negra..."
TheFinalrei said:
EDIT: Forgot one more thing, alma negra may be better for melee because of the high smite damage, but I would say an HoZ (or an upp'd one) is much better in the long run because of the +to skills and the 40 stats, not to mention the resists.

Shit I fucked up on the editing, my bad.
use the edit button u nub
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2004-09-19, 04:08 PM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting "use the edit button u nub :shame: ..."
EDIT: Testing

Actual EDIT: shit...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

TheFinalrei

Posted 2004-09-20, 10:31 AM in reply to TheFinalrei's post starting "EDIT: Testing Actual EDIT: shit..."
Since when did FinalRei begin speaking in halfway comprehendible English?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SkyGoneBlue is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSkyGoneBlue is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SkyGoneBlue

Posted 2004-09-20, 12:31 PM in reply to SkyGoneBlue's post starting "Since when did FinalRei begin speaking..."
for all you ignorant people, finalrei was bringing a laugh into these oh so serious forums. anyone who didnt laugh at his posts dont have a sense of humor. but if you dont kno, finalrei is old school, he has taught me alot, although i do own him as much as i do, he can still beat a handful of people that flame him. GET A SENSE OF HUMOR!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
j_d is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenj_d is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

j_d